Dr. Titus Duncan's Patients

Sheila M.
on 8/22/04 3:10 am - Athens, GA
I have just received my approval letter on August 21, 2004. I am nervous, excited and scared. I would love to hear from other patient what happens next...............call from doctor about approval, pre-op visit, surgery etc. Thank you in advance for your response. Sheila
modeanryan
on 8/22/04 4:17 am - Duluth, GA
Congratulations Sheila!! I'm not one of Dr. Duncan's patients, but there are MANY here on the Georgia board. Just wanted to say Congrats and GOOD LUCK!! -Tami
nonamedamet
on 8/22/04 5:16 am - GA
Congratulations Shelia. I called Dr Duncan's office to make sure they got the approval letter as well. Then you will get a call on Friday with your surgery date, and they will let you know what other tests you will need before pre-op appt which they will also give you. Ask them where you need to go for your pre-op, I forgot to do this and went to the regular office then had to leave and go to the Wellness center on the 2nd floor. After being at the pre-op with Peachtree surgical then you have to go to the hospital for pre-admisssion and you met with an anesthologist. Pre-op is a ALL day long event, so prepare yourself, I was there from 8am to 3:40pm and they weren't done with everyone. Hugs and prayers, Theresa
bridgett E.
on 8/22/04 9:37 am - covington, ga
Yes, you will receive a call on a Friday with your surgery date. Hopefully, they have already told you what tests you need to have completed before your surgery. They will also give you your pre-op date. For my pre-op, there was a group of about 10 of us or so and we met at the Wellness Center. We completed some paperwork and saw one of the surgeons individually. At this time is where they get your official pre-op weight and fat/body analysis. We then had a group session with a surgeon and we all asked a bunch of questions, you will get to meet others who perhaps have your same surg. date. Half of us then got into our cars and went over to the Hospital to have other tests done. The other half had scheduled their tests at the hospital for a different date. It depends on what you have already had done with your PCP as to what you have to have done at the hospital. I had a chest xray, bloodwork, urine sample. I met with anesth. and went over procedures when I come for my surgery. In total it really took me about 6 hours or so of my day, but it is so well worth it to be informed. Dr. Duncan and AMC were wonderful. I could not have asked for anything any better. Good luck to you!
Most Active