A Real Gem

Harriett H.
on 8/21/04 6:04 pm - Alpharetta, GA
My hubby and I have been married a total of 39yrs. He has so surprise me through this all. He has given me , fixed some of my food now this is a man that does not cook does not know how to cook. He has washed my hair. He has done all the laundrey back rubs always asking if there is something he can do. Don't get me wrong i'm bragging not fussing he has been such a doll. He's getting the husband of the year award I thank God for him every day now. they have not always been good or easy time in the past. I love him so very much.We were divorce for two yrs and remarried on his birthday Aug the 30th this will be our 1st on the second round and 39 on the 1st round. Harriett
(deactivated member)
on 8/21/04 10:25 pm - Warner Robins, GA
That is wonderful Harriett! I'm so glad that he is being so attentive to you. You deserve it. Tonya
modeanryan
on 8/22/04 1:31 am - Duluth, GA
Harriett, Leon loves you sooooo much. He was so worried while you were in the hospital. I'm very proud of him, being there for you during this time. I was just sharing with my father last night, that I didn't realize how much help I ACTUALLY needed when I first got home. Fortunately, my son and my friend were there to manage everything I needed. He's a good one, Miz Harriett!! I'm glad for both of you and Happy Anniversary to you in a week!! -Tami
nonamedamet
on 8/22/04 4:58 am - GA
HUGS to the HUBBY of the year!!!! I am so thankful that you have someone to help. God Bless you and yours, Theresa
Harriett H.
on 8/22/04 7:29 am - Alpharetta, GA
The funny thing about it to have known him before my surgery you would not belive what he's is doing he was not one to be able to take care of the sick but boy has he changed fro the better he came through for me when i really needed him. I've always had to be the strong one. I Love him very much and I know he loves me it could not be any better now after the 6 bad years.The second time around is better. Harriett
Barb in S. GA
on 8/22/04 2:11 pm - Dawson, GA
Oh, Harriett, I'm so glad you posted! My husband and I were divorced after 25 years, were apart for 10 years, and have been remarried for almost 11 years, and yes, I have always done everything, including taking care of his mother this last go around. She passed away at 91, and now I take care of him (71) and my mother (87). They both have been against the surgery because they are afraid I'll die, and what will become of them? I'm standing my ground, though, and hoping my hubby will come through when he sees I survived the surgery. I, personally, have more worries about post-op than the surgery, and will be relying heavily on this board. Whew! had to get that off my chest. You are a real gem, too, for giving him the credit he so richly deserves!......Barb in S. GA
Patima
on 8/22/04 11:22 am - GA
I know what you mean, Harriett. I just love that man-o-mine! We will have been married for 26 years in September. My fault, I know, but I have always done everything. He has really pitched in! My MIL was supposed to come help out, but my FIL ended up having surgery. Hubby pitched in as has been a real trooper. This from a man who could never ever change a dirty diaper!!! He even gave me my Lovenox shots! And I got my hair washed, too!!! He is doing the laundry and the ironing basket is getting full, but he's doing a great job. He makes a great protein shake!!! Patti
Most Active