Diane Dufek Needs Encouragement

John Niemela
on 8/21/04 12:50 am - Hancock, MI
Hello Friends, One of my friends from the UP of Michigan had her WLS on August 4 and three days later suffered a major heart attack ... fortunately she was still at Harper Hospital so they have taken good care of her. She underwent an operation to place a stint in an artery that was blocked ... she also has a leaky valve which is also causing some problems. She had an EKG prior to her surgery that did not reveal these problems but they were present ... we are grateful that she has had the surgery and that she is receiving great care at Harper. This past week she also had a couple additional heart attacks and remains in ICU at Harper. Please stop by here surgery support page located at http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/status.phtml?N=D1083977481 and send her words of encouragement. Many of her family members are not as supportive as they could be .. They keep trying to blame the surgery for causing these other problems and she is pretty down in spirits. Thank you for taking the time to help encourage her. I am grateful for your willingness to help. God Bless, John
Kathy H.
on 8/21/04 8:30 am - bethlehem, GA
I will certainly remember her in my prayers. That is terrible though. Didn't they do a stress test or echocardiogram? Did they only do an EKG?
modeanryan
on 8/22/04 4:15 am - Duluth, GA
Done! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I DO pray that she heals 100%. I hope you are doing well. I'm sorry the dinner you tried to put together wasn't something I could manage. I sure hope you will be at our next dinner! I enjoyed meeting you. -Tami
Most Active