Nighttime numbness and burning in leg....

Kelle W
on 8/20/04 1:13 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey guys, I know it's pretty common for folks to experience numbness in their legs after surgery, but I've noticed most of the replies in the library stated that their pain started right after surgery. Well...I'm over 6 weeks out and my problems just started. It's usually only at night, and it burns like crazy and last night I actually woke up with pain. That was a first.... Do you think it's anything to worry about or does that sound pretty usual? Thanks ya'll! Kelle
DeeDee_Cole
on 8/20/04 2:36 am
Kelle, I'm not one that would normally jump through hoops to call my doctor....but I wouldn't mess with that. I'd call my doctor and see if he is concerned about it. If it's a blood clot you don't want to mess with it!!! I hope it's nothing - but I wouldn't mess with it at all....I'd call! please let me know what the Doc says if you do call! ((((love ya!))))
nonamedamet
on 8/20/04 3:39 am - GA
Please call your doctor and let us know how you are doing. It doesn't sound usual to me but could be as simple as needing more potassium or something but in this case better to be safe than sorry. Hugs and prayers, Theresa
NAT
on 8/20/04 7:34 am - Atlanta, GA
Funny cuz I just called my docs office and they are so dizzy at Emory boy I tell ya. They go through mood swings faster than you can say stupid!!!!!!!! Kelle I am dealing with that now but my burning is on my arms and sightly my thighs. My office was like we don't know and that is nothing we ever heard of. Guess you tell a few stupid folks your skin is burning and they want to have you admited. grrrrrrrr Call doc let us know what happens
Roberta A.
on 8/21/04 2:39 pm - Marietta, GA
Kelle, I'm sure Dr. Appel would want to hear from you regarding these issues. Why are you more confortable asking us for medical advice than your surgeon? Please call him. That's what you paid all that money for.
CindyG
on 8/22/04 2:04 pm - Sharpsburg, GA
Kelle, I came out of surgery with my top right thigh completely numb. I asked several of the doctors in Dr. Duncan's practice about this. No one ever responded to me about it. Well...while in my 1 month group meeting, I brought it up again. There were 2 other ladies with the same problem. Dr. Scott then said he never heard of that before. I was feeling a little less than pleased with Duncan's office at the time so I responded "sure you have because I told you about it twice". He backed up about 2 steps. It appears that some of the muscles that were cut (don't know which ones) take awhile to heal and for the feeling to come back. I'm 5 weeks out and the numbness and shooting pains are still there, but are a little better. Good luck! Cindy Green
Most Active