Today's job fair

afbrown
on 8/19/04 9:58 am - Duluth, GA
Well, today's job fair at the Gwinnett Civic Center was MUCH better than the one I attended on Monday!! So, what do you guys think - substitute teacher, or 911 operator? Both are a far cry from the database administrator job I USED to have, but either is better than the NO job that I have now!! Ann in Duluth
modeanryan
on 8/19/04 12:57 pm - Duluth, GA
Go for it Ann!! Good Luck! -Tami
Barb in S. GA
on 8/19/04 1:43 pm - Dawson, GA
You know, Ann, I spent years in the business end of the medical field and found myself needing a job after a disaster of a marriage. I flooded the post office with resumes, applied everywhere I could think of, and nothing happened. Finally a friend referred me to an office job in a family-owned business that I knew nothing about. I was desparate, so I took it. Three months later, the son of the woman I shared an office with committed suicide. None of the rest of the family could bear to hear her talk about it, so I spent day after day, listening and comforting her. I finally realized then, that the Lord had a reason for blocking all the other jobs. Go with the one you felt led to and let God use you in a new way. Barb in South Georgia
nonamedamet
on 8/20/04 12:39 am - GA
Ann, remember as one door is closed another is opened. I have prayed that you will know where you are being lead. Wishing you all the best, hugs and prayers, Theresa
Most Active