OK, now I'm worried!

catherine30040
on 8/16/04 4:12 am - Atlanta, GA
*** I posted this on the main board too. I'm hoping someone in the medical field can provide more info.*** I'm hoping some medical folks will read this and try to re-assure me that I shouldn't be so worried. I had the abdominal CT scan done as part of my testing for pre-approval. The dr. saw something on my spleen he didn't like and sent me for an ultrasound. While the tech waited for a report, I mentioned that a CT scan done a couple of years ago noted a "mass" on my liver. My dr. at the time said he thought it was a cyst and had been there for some time. The ultrasound tech said she'd just check that too while we waited on the report. She said she wasn't sure what it was, but that she was pretty sure it wasn't a cyst. Then, the dr. scheduled me for an MRI, because he didn't like what he saw on the ultrasound. The MRI wasn't terrible, but I barely fit in it, and I began to feel anxious after being in there for so long. Well, the dr.'s office just called and they've scheduled me for a CT-guided liver biopsy on Wed. I'm trying to remain positive, but I'll admit I'm worried. On another note, I called insurance this morning and found out I had been approved on the 10th. You know, I've been so impatient wading through this process, and now...in light of this biopsy...I didn't even get to enjoy the news.
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/04 4:25 am - Warner Robins, GA
Catherine, Congrats on your approval!! That is wonderful news. As for the mass....I am thankful that it was found. Had you not gone through this process you may have never found it and then it could have been too late. I say thnak you GOd for allowing this to be found now and hopefully it is not anything to worry about. Gal, your surgery time will come. I know it will. Please keep us posted and keep your faith in God. Tonya
Most Active