This is negative, Sorry

Cricket B.
on 8/15/04 8:40 am - GA
Do not read because this is a negative post. I had surgery Julu 26th and it's been all down hill. After a week out the Hospital and I went back for another 7 or 8 days. My H-pylor (spelled) wrong was postive and started and whole different set of problems. I stay sick, I have no tatsebuds, once I start to like something it's short lived. I'm tired of dry heaving even though they have me on all these meds. Is my life going to be like this forever? This is not normal and this is not how I want to live. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for everyone else but not for me. This was almost 3 yrs of research and I still was not ready. I wanna live normal and eat normal and taste normal. Will I be sick for the rest of my life, I don't wanna go around throwing up or using meds to stop it. I'm just mad at myself guys and if things don't change soon I think I might go into a deep depression. I had to take more time off work and everything. I'm just not happy. I hate that I did this to myself and I did it to myself, nobody else. I'm trying to stay postive but it's hard.
Kay Holder
on 8/15/04 9:01 am - Mableton, GA
Honey.. I was the queen of the feelings you're having now. it WILL pass. Dont worry. I Promise it will.
modeanryan
on 8/15/04 10:17 am - Duluth, GA
Cricket, I am sorry you are having such a tough time of it. I know this is of little consolation, but the first month is usually the toughest time. I will keep you in my prayers that you will begin to improve very soon. (Don't ever worry about a post like this... we are here to offer support through the ups AND the downs!) Take care, Tami
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/04 11:18 am - Warner Robins, GA
Cricket, Unfortunately not everyone starts perfectly. I know it will get better. One day at a time. Make usre you are gettin your fluids in. What kind of foods are you eating now? We are here for you good or bad. Please keep us posted. If you'd like to talk- e-mail me and I'll send you my number. Tonya
afbrown
on 8/15/04 1:38 pm - Duluth, GA
H-pylori is the bug that causes ulcers. They probably have you on a strong anti-biotic to get rid of it, and that could be causing the nausea. If the medicine says "take with food" you may need to do that - try unsweetened apple sauce, or even a small spoonfull of peanut butter. I have a med that makes me sick, too if I don't have something on my tummy (and it can be picky about what it IS, too). Hang in there - it will get better!! Ann in Duluth
mikkozoe
on 8/16/04 1:57 am - Conyers, GA
Cricket Dont worrie it will pass ...This is just the start of the wonderful life you are about to live ...There might be a few speed bumps for you and not others but dont worrie we are all on the same road and will end up at the same destiation .............this will pass and you will be soo happy you did this ...Fro the first three months my mother could not eat anything with out getting bad pains ....She would just cry somedays thinking this was the worst thing in the world ....But once that passed and all like eveyone told her it would she is the happiest person around and soooo glad she got the surgery ...and now she can eat anything ...and i mean anything LOL LOL LOL I will keep you in my thought and prays Laura
sxynecie
on 8/17/04 2:38 pm - Jonesboro, GA
Cricket, Girlfriend, I was the QUEEN of dryheaving, no tastebuds, complaining about everything, I promise you it will pass. Don't get so depress, call your therpist. Mrs~Jackson
Most Active