I am amazed at the changes already

OHAngel2006
on 8/15/04 6:50 am - GA
Since my surgery (only 4 days post op) I am amazed at the physical and emotional changes taking place. I am stronger than I realize! LOL! I realize I used to emotionally eat. No longer can I or will I do that. I won't accept it! I emailed a very honest letter to my mother just now and in a rational manner told her how I felt. I've never done that before for myself. I always considered myself level headed and strong and yet that relatioship has just not been what it should. Today I have taken a stand without a concern if she gets upset. I have done amazingly well with the surgery, with the liquid diet and slowly progressing to full liquids. I am on very little pain meds. I am walking, staying hydrated. I am so thankful I made this decision and am on the other side. The effects are more powerful than I ever dreamed!
modeanryan
on 8/15/04 8:08 am - Duluth, GA
Tracy! I just want to say, "YOU GO GIRL!!". I had a difficult relationship with my mom, and although she passed away about 2 1/2 years before I had my surgery, I took on counseling before her passing. By the time I got here, I was so much stronger. You sound like you are doing SO well, and you should have great success. Not only are you getting physically stronger, but you are also mentally stronger. Here's the key thing...YOU DESERVE THIS SUCCESS! I think so many of us may not have believed that at some point in our lives. Sounds like you just may be a believer now! I am so happy to hear how well you are doing. Keep it up! Take care. -Tami
OHAngel2006
on 8/15/04 8:21 am - GA
Thanks Tami. My new motto is to be Fearless and Fabulous at Forty (which is 3 years away) . Look out world!!! I am going after what I want. I am already currently working on finishing my Bachelor's degree (something I put off for a long time) and will pursue my Master's after I finish this next Fall. My husband is the most awesome man I have ever met. He just loves seeing the changes that are already occurring in me. He walks around with a smile all the time now. His main concern in this entire surgery was just that I wake up... everything else has been a bonus he says! We walked through the mall in Atlanta the night before the surgery and I talked about clothing I wanted to wear someday and stores I wanted to shop someday. I have no doubt I will meet my goals. God is so awesome! Hugs! Tracy
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/04 11:13 am - Warner Robins, GA
Tracy, I am so excited for you! I really enjoy hearing how everyone is growing inside and shrinking on the outside. I too have already had a sense of empowerment in so many areas of my life...in particular with my ex. I look forward to hearing about your discoveries and joys in the near future. HUgs, Tonya
Most Active