Two Days Of Cleansing PRE-OP

bridgett E.
on 8/15/04 6:16 am - covington, ga
Am I supposed to take two of the 1.5 oz bottles of the Fleet Phospha Soda? My surgery is scheduled for Wed. Aug. 18th, so I need to drink in the morning. My paperwork does say take 1 1/2 oz. on the first day and then repeat the process on the second day. But I didn't remember them telling us to purchase two bottles!?!?!
Patsy G.
on 8/15/04 6:26 am - GA
I believe the bottle has 3 oz. I took half one day and half the next day. Uck! It makes me sick just thinking about it! Good luck. Patsy
OHAngel2006
on 8/15/04 6:44 am - GA
Yes, you purchase one 3 oz bottle and take half one day and half the next. Have something tasty to drink to wash out the taste in your mouth and even a mint nearby too! A sugar free one you can swish around awhile and spit back out. It is the most disgusting part of the whole process!!!! I think the barium I drank for the leak test after surgery was not as gross as the phospha soda!!! Hang in there! You are on your way. Tracy
jennifer S.
on 8/15/04 4:47 pm - conyers, GA
when a patient is being prepped for a test here in the icu we give 45cc at a time 1.5 oz. so I agree you need a 3oz bottle
Most Active