Delima

Ginger L.
on 8/13/04 4:12 am - Woodstock, GA
I went last night to a seminar for Dr Williams and Dr Champion. I was so encourraged with what Dr Williams had to say and his bed side mannor was wonderful!! He was very informed and seemed so concerned about his patients. It was a great experience!! I am telling you this because here comes the kicker.... I went to my pcp today to see what he had to say. This appt has been scheduled for several weeks even before I knew about the seminar w/ Dr Williams. He wants me to go to a bariatric dr not a surgeon to exhaust all of my options before going thru with the surgery. Makes since I guess but I have mixed emotions about this. I have been praying alot about the surgery and trying to figure out if it is best for me... soooooo Like others I feel this may be a sign from above. What to think and what to do. Unsure. Just wondering what you think!! Ginger
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/04 4:27 am - Warner Robins, GA
Ginger, I am glad it went well with Dr Williams & Dr Champion. I've heard lots of great things about them both. I've never really heard of a bariatric Dr. If you think the surgery is best for you then I would just tell your PCP your feelings and ask him to support you in your decision. Tonya
Angel Sellers
on 8/13/04 4:40 am - Smyrna, Ga
Hi Ginger Dr. Champion & Williams are awesome Dr. Champion did my surgery 2/3/04. I agree with the other post, you need to sit down with your PCP & discuss with him all the options you have tried & why you feel surgery is the best route for you. Another thing to look at is your insurance guidelines & what their requirments may be for surgery. Some plans require exhausting all methods before covering the procedure. I have been to a bariatric doctor before, years ago, and I did lose some weight initially, but in the long run it was the same old story, I gained it all back with rebound weight as well. So if you are sure that surgery is right for you then definately talk with your doctor & explain to him why. You are going in the right direction - good luck & God Bless. Angel 107lb since surgery / 157 total (since preparing for surgery)
modeanryan
on 8/13/04 11:35 am - Duluth, GA
HI FRIEND!! I'm sorry to hear this. Well, you know MY feelings on the matter. It's really up to you. If you decide the surgery is for you and your doctor is reluctant then it may be time to find a new PCP. On the other hand, I watched a show on Discover Health about a lady that was preparing to have surgery by losing some weight, and she found she had the where-with-all to go ahead and lose it all by herself! So, although this is a real wishy washy answer, you just HAVE to decide what YOU want...and then pursue your decision. Hope to see you tomorrow night!! -Tami
Most Active