How long??????

Dargar63
on 8/12/04 3:27 pm - Gainesville, GA
I am new here but have been lurking for a while. I have done the consult with DR. Richard, application reveiw, sleep study, Psych eval, but it looks like I will have to have a cpap study. I wonder if anybody can tell me, does Dr. Richard and Procter have to have the whole thing finished before they can submit it to insurance for approval? Or can they send it when they get the report and recomendations?
maureenk
on 8/12/04 10:08 pm - Jefferson, GA
Hi Darla I am going to be going through Obesity Solutions as well. Do you mind sharing what kind of insurance you have, and did it pay for all the sleep studies, psych eval , etc?
Dargar63
on 8/12/04 10:31 pm - Gainesville, GA
Hi Maureen, I have BCBS of Ga. PPO, sorry I can't tell yet. Haven't gotten a bill yet as I just got them done this week. I think the psych exam is just a copay (I hope). I have a freind that is having trouble with them saying the sleep apnea was pre-existing. I don't think they can do that to me as I have had my insurance for almost 3 years. I just hope I can have this done this year due to the deductible and yearly out of pocket start over in January.
Ms.Judy
on 8/13/04 1:20 am - HOSCHTON, GA
Darla, did you know Dr. Richard has been called back to active duty and he's going to Iraq for 3 months ? Dr. Proctor told us at a support meeting last week and said to pray for him. Judy
Dargar63
on 8/13/04 2:21 pm - Gainesville, GA
I read that. I called and spoke to Connie, she said he doesn't actually have his orders but is expecting them any day. She said they have been looking for a surgeon to take over DR. Procter's Vascular surgeries so he can do just the wls. She said that she didn't expect there to be much difference, if any, in the time it takes to get to surgery. I now have an appt. for the rest of the sleep study, Sept 9th. And it was confirmed I do have sleep apnea.
modeanryan
on 8/13/04 11:28 am - Duluth, GA
Hi Darla, A lot of it depends on who your insurance carrier is. Is Neal working with you on the sleep study? I had all of it done before it was submitted, but my insurance wanted it. I have BCBS HMO. They paid for the whole shebang! I spoke to Dr. Richard's office today (he is my surgeon, and I LOVE HIM!). I am scheduled to go for my 1 month appt on Friday, and I asked them about him going to Iraq. They said they have been told he is going, but they still don't know when. I know you will be pleased. I have been very happy with Obesity Solutions and the hospital (NE Regional Lanier Park) is WONDERFUL! Good luck, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to email me. -Tami
Most Active