Dr Champion

Robin P.
on 8/12/04 11:57 am - TN
I am looking into using Dr Champion for WLS and would like to hear what you guys think of him. Is he worth all the out of pocket expense?
Sunny D.
on 8/13/04 1:34 am - South, GA
I dont post on here often---mostly a reader. When something comes up about Dr. Champion, I feel that I must post. I guess everyone feels that the surgeon who changed their lives---is the best. lol I can say wiith no hesitation at all that Dr. Champion is the best around--or at least 1 of the best. He is a regular guy just trying to help people. He truly cares about his patients. He is very experienced and educated. He was around doing these surgeries when other Dr.s were still in school. He knows it like the back of his hand---the good , bad and the ugly. With his experiece, if a problem were to arise---he is on it!!! No waiting!! Yesterday was my 1 year anniversary, This time last year at 300 #--life sucked. I didnt realize at the time because I had gotten so used to the inconvenieces of regular living. Now at 170 #, I can not even begin to explain the differences this surgery has made for me. As far as the out of pocket expense---what is your life worth to you? He is very thorough but he does not require a lot of the tests that other Drs do. I was prepared to go with Drs in Dublin until they were shut down. Thank God I didnt use them. I really didnt check with anyone else---as far as prices. I do feel that the 6000 or 7000 dollars I ended up paying was well worth it. I have BCBS PPO and they are not a good payer anyway. I have spent well more than that on foods and programs with very little success. I would consider all aspects of the surgery---including pretests---aftercare--office staff--hospital used --experience-and bed side manner---before making your decision. Dr. Champion is worth the money. Sorry --so long--post any other questions you may have. Love to help.
Angel Sellers
on 8/13/04 4:52 am - Smyrna, Ga
Hi Robin I, like Sunny, can't help but post any time I see questions about Dr. Champion. There are so many wonderful surgeons out there, so it is difficult to know who to go with initially. Dr. Champion's experience & background are both awesome However, going beyond all of that he won my heart with his honest & caring approach. He is very down to earth yet professional @ the same time. He is very involved with his patients & takes a lot of extra steps to make sure you never feel alone in this life changing journey. I had my surgery 2/3/04 & my experience has been wonderful so far. My boss said it best to me when I was waivering about the $$ when he said if it was your Mom or Dad that needed that $ to get quality care or something needed would you think twice? So why isn't your life that important? That did it for me. Like I said there are obviously some other wonderful surgeons in our area, but I can't give Dr. Champion enough praise. If you have any other questions about him please feel free to email me [email protected]. Good luck with your decision & journey. God Bless Angel 107 lb since surgery / 157 total (since preparing for surgery)
Most Active