Only lost 3 pounds since the 2nd....

Kelle W
on 8/12/04 11:19 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey guys...I went to my doctor's appt today and I've only lost 3 pounds since the 2nd. I know that it's good that at least I'm loosing something, but for someone who's been loosing 10 pounds a week, it's a real blow. Is the intense weight lose period over already? I'm only 5 weeks out! In good news Dr. A finally took out my g-tube so that's a huge relief! Guess it's time to really hit the treadmill huh? Kelle
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/04 12:17 pm - Warner Robins, GA
I feel your pain!! For the first 2 weeks I lost a pound a day...and a few days I even lost two. But since then I have been loosing maybe 2lbs a week. Now gratned I am a "lightweight" but for pete's sake(who is pete anyway?LOL) can't the scale be kinder? Honestly, I am happy to loose these lbs b/c it's been so long that the scale has actually moved down. I'm so used to seeing it move up. It's such a mind game. I'm trying to stay postive. I have noticed the inches moving though. Have you tried measuring yourself? I miss seeing you on the boards!! Good to hear the drain is gone! Tonya
lstivers
on 8/12/04 1:51 pm - Bogart, GA
I completely understand. I am working out like a maniac but still my stubborn fat is not cooperating. Great to hear from you as well! -Paige
mikkozoe
on 8/12/04 11:10 pm - Conyers, GA
Kelle For the first 6 months i think it will go up and down ..I know for my mom she did not lose anything for like two to three months and then she droped like 30 all of a sudden ...so dont dispair ...i think you will have a big loss soon ..your body is still re adjusting and thinking it need to hold on to some of that fat is what i am thinking ...you will be back on the fast track in no time !!! Laura
hollyhobby
on 8/13/04 8:06 am - Jonesboro, GA
Hey Girl! Sounds like you hit a lul. I am sure this happens to everyone. Let's hope this gets better. I am working on trying to lose those 50 pounds. Essentially, they want me down to 350 before the surgery. I am going to start walking tomorrow and I am now writing down my calories and protein that I am taking in during the day. Something has got to work. Hopefully this will show them I am working on it. Anyway, enough about me. I am glad to see you on the board again. I have been soooo busy that I find it hard to come on the computer. Keep in touch and I will let everyone know when the new date it. I hope soon!
modeanryan
on 8/13/04 11:44 am - Duluth, GA
Hang in there Kelle girl!! I get frustrated when it goes slow too, but I just keep telling myself, that everybody else loses more than just the initial weight, so I will too, as long as I keep doing what I am supposed to do... EVEN IF IT'S NOT AS FAST AS I WANT IT!! Hope to see you tomorrow night! -Tami
Most Active