Surgery Cancelled

hollyhobby
on 8/12/04 6:05 am - Jonesboro, GA
Hello All, I went to my pre-op appointment this morning and it was very short. They have told me I need to lose 50-60 more pounds before they will allow me to have the surgery. Right now my BMI is 64 and they want it around 55 before they will consider. This means that I have to go through the re-approval process yet again and maybe in a month I will get a second chance otherwise, there is no hope. I think I have really hit ground zero and the walls have all collapsed. My family wants to help, but they figure that yelling at me and pushing me to exercise more is going to help. I wish I had someone to workout with other than my family. They get too involved and then **** me off. Needless to say, at this point I really hate Dr. D's office. It was absolutely miserable for me and I think I left about 2 hours later crying. They really are so ruthless, especially when you check in. Sometimes I feel like there is no hope after this. I lost 24 pounds out of the 50 and then they tell me I have to lose atleast 50 more. I just don't know if I have anymore hope. Anyway, I will keep you posted on changes as I can. Right now I am really trying to get my head together. Thank you all for your support! Holly
Ginger L.
on 8/12/04 6:29 am - Woodstock, GA
Holly, I am so sorry to hear your bad news!! Keep your chin up. Sounds like the Dr just wants you as healthy as possible before doing the surgery. If it is meant to be it will happen!! Keep thinking positive thoughts and you will get thru it! I wish I was closer and I would exercise with you. Im sure you will find someone! Hang in there Gurly!! Ginger
Kay Holder
on 8/12/04 8:48 am - Mableton, GA
I know Dr Appels (kell's surgeon) does not require weight loss, and neither does Dr champion. The problem with Champion is insurance doesnt cover all of his fee's. Mine was 4600, but at my fu appt today I heard some people saying they only paid a few hundred.
DeeDee_Cole
on 8/12/04 9:59 am
Holly - I'm so sorry!!!! I know there are doctors that will do it for the higher weight people. Maybe you can check out the Dr that Amy William's used. Hopefully there is another doctor out there for you.....I'll say prayers for you - I'll keep my fingers crossed. Maybe we can get together and go walking together twice a week. CALL ME - we'll figure something out. I go to Gold's Gym in Henry county - just started there - maybe you can look into going with me..... ((((((((((((Head's up baby))))))))))))) Something will happen!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/04 10:36 am - Warner Robins, GA
Holly, I can't even begin to imagine your disappointment. I am so sorry! BUT you can't give up hope now! Girl-you are going to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going. You can loose this weight inorder to hav eyour surgery. I know you are mad at Dr D & the crew but it's for your own safety. We are ALL here for you! Everyday girl! Seven days a week. Devise a plan and stick with it. You've already lost 24lbs...you can do it. I know you can. We all want to see you succeed and you can. Love ya gal, Tonya
Kelle W
on 8/12/04 11:15 am - Atlanta, GA
Holly, girl I can't believe this has happened to you. I can't imagine how upset you are! In my opinion you ought to get your file from Dr. D and go somewhere else! Dr. Appel is admittedly not my favorite person on earth, but he was an excellent surgeon. He wanted me to loose weight before surgery, but didn't cancel on me when I didn't! His number is 404-501-7081. Kelle
hotlistic
on 8/12/04 11:23 am - Atlanta, GA
Hi Holly, I know right now it impossible to see but God is going to work things out if you just believe, hold on and keep the faith for joy will be your one of these old days. The doctors are looking out for you, and they have your best interest at hand. Have you thought about trying opi- fast it's this stuff that Emory give their patients to lose the needed weight. Feel free to call them to get info about the seminar they have about it. (404) 778-5671 this is there bariatric department I hope this helps. God bless keep your head up and have faith.
Patsy G.
on 8/12/04 12:24 pm - GA
I'm sorry Holly....please don't give up. Patsy
Haziefrog
on 8/12/04 10:37 pm - AR
Holly, maybe this has happened for a reason! Look for the silver lining there are a lot of great surgeons in Atlanta that do not require you to lose weight, heck if it was so dang easy none of us would have needed the surgery. I highly recommend my surgeon Dr. John Daly 404-252-0433, he does not require you to lose weight, as a matter of fact he does not want us dieting right before surgery, because he does not want a malnourished dehydrated person going into surgery. He has been doing this a long time 12+ years and has never had a leak, he is a very conservative doctor and takes great care of his patients! Good luck! Hazel
sxynecie
on 8/13/04 4:27 pm - Jonesboro, GA
Holly, I'm so sorry to hear about your cancellation!!!! I hope things work out for you, I will keep you in my prayers. Mrs~Jackson
Most Active