On the road to a new me

maureenk
on 8/12/04 3:59 am - Jefferson, GA
Hi Ladies I hae been stalking you all for the past month or so. I have been doing alot of research and studying this board for the past few months. I am ready ( I think) I am planning on attending Dr. Proctor's seminar next Thursday. Went to my PCP this morning, and she said she has had 23 patients go through this surgery successfully She wants me to try dieting for 90 days, then we will take it from there. Wish me luck ladies Oh yeah, I have BCBS POP... I called and they said they cover 90% Gastric Bypass Stapling only.. Does anyone with this coverage know if they cover this surgery? I can change insurance in October if need be, to either Cigna or Wausau. Maureen
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/04 4:46 am - Warner Robins, GA
Welcome!! I'm glad you came out of lurking status A little bit of friendly advice....DON"T GO WITH CIGNA. I hear lots of negative stuff about them when pertaining to WLS. Cigna participants even have their own yahoo group called "Cignasqueakywheels". Once again, welcome! I look forward to "hearing" more from you. Tonya
maureenk
on 8/12/04 5:35 am - Jefferson, GA
Thanks Tonya ! That is good info to have. I guess my best bet for insurance is to ask the surgeon
Ginger L.
on 8/12/04 4:53 am - Woodstock, GA
Welcome aboard and as you probably already know everyone on this site is so very supportive. I am fairly new here and am just starting my journey as well. When is the Seminar and where ?? I am going to one tonight with Dr. Champion. I am looking to go to several of them to check out the Drs. Good luck in your quest!! Ginger
maureenk
on 8/12/04 5:37 am - Jefferson, GA
Hi Ginger Yes.. I am truly impressed with the way you all support each other Next Thursday is in Gainesville.. With Dr. Proctor at the Obesity Solutions Center. I think it is at 6:15. Let me know if you are going to go to this one. I would love to have someone to sit with
modeanryan
on 8/12/04 11:28 am - Duluth, GA
WELCOME MAUREEN!!! I used Obesity Solutions, and I could not have been happier. I actually used Dr. Richard, but I hear he is getting ready to leave to go to Iraq for 3 months *eek*. However, I had a very pleasant WLS experience. The doctor's office was great (the office staff is mediocre) but the nurses, doctor, nutritionist, etc. were FABULOUS! The hospital they use, has their own bariatric unit and the nurses were OUT OF THIS WORLD WONDERFUL!!! I wish you all the best as you start your journey. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time!! -Tami
maureenk
on 8/12/04 10:13 pm - Jefferson, GA
Thanks Tami ! I am pulling together a list of my questions, and will probably bombard you. If you get tired of me, just let me know I am so excited to get started on this. I guess I have to wait 90 days so my PCP can monitor me through this diet. But I am sure that right after that I will be ready to go ! I have alot of questions on insurance (does it pay for the psych eval, sleep study,etc) and out of pocket expense. I called my insurer (BCBS) and only Dr. Richard is listed as in network, so I hope he does not spend too much time in Iraq ! They said the would pay for 90% in network gastric bypass (stapling only). I am so confused as to whether this means they cover RNY or not !
Most Active