what do i need???

Dee G.
on 8/7/04 1:07 am - Thomaston, GA
I am having my surgery next Friday, 13th and have won't have my pre-op until Thursday before, so what vitamins and protein drinks should I go buy this weekend to stock up? Food suggestions for when I get home?
Angel Sellers
on 8/7/04 2:03 am - Smyrna, Ga
Hi Dee First of all, good luck with your upcoming surgery. You may want to double check with your surgeon on what vitamins he wants you on, because each doctor is different, for me, I was on Flinstone's complete, Tums (for calcium), & Iron post op. You may want to be careful about stocking up on your protein drinks prior to surgery because it seems rather common that what may taste good before surgery may not afterward. I really liked the Isopure Zero Carb Vanilla (available @ GNC). It is pricey, but I was able to tolerate it well. I often blended it with the carb control sugar free yogurt for flavor & taste. As far as foods, again check with your surgeon & make sure of his or her preferences, but the following seems pretty common immediately post-op: Sugar free jello, chicken broth, sugar free pudding, sugar free popsicles, sugar free yougurt, oatmeal, & sugar free liquids such as Crystal light, SF Koolaide, etc. Well, I hope this helps some. I wish you all the best & will keep you in my prayers next week. God bless Angel
Dee G.
on 8/7/04 2:43 am - Thomaston, GA
Thanks Angel for the info, I will go get a little of that now. I am so nervous, but excited making me nuts. I keep looking at the photo gallery on this site and helps me say yes I am doing the right thing.
Patima
on 8/7/04 7:13 am - GA
My surgeon required me to see his recommended nutritionist who went over a list of vitamins, supplements and post operative diet. Each surgeon is different in his or her requirements. Patti
Most Active