Extra skin/Skin removal question

Patricia K.
on 8/4/04 11:31 pm - Hicksville, NY
Hello! I am new to this board, just moved here from New York. I had RNY bypass on 1/12/04. I have managed to lose 120 lbs since then and I am not sure if what I am seeing on myself is fat or extra skin or both. I have ripples in my skin and little bags by my knees. Ripples and little bags between my thighs and swollen looking handle bag-like pouches on my hips. The top of my arms are muscular from working out and I have fat, baggy wings on the bottom. Does anyone else have this? Is this removable and if so, how is it done. Does GA insurance companies cover this. I still have seventy pounds that I would like to lose first. Any comments on this topic are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, Patty 341/220
DeeDee_Cole
on 8/5/04 3:29 am
It sounds like you have loose skin. I understand it's normal with the amount of weight that we tend to loose with this surgery. I've lost a little more than 50 and already am having signs of the loose skin under my arms. (YUK) Some insurance will cover things like the tummy tuck if it is deemed medically necessary. I understand that the more water you intake and the more you exercise the better it is on your skin to retract some. Welcome to Ga....we're happy to have ya here!!!! It's a WONDERFUL bunch of people!!!!
Most Active