Overwhelmed

LittleLifsey
on 8/4/04 12:48 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Hey gang, I am sitting at Shands Hospital at University of Florida in the bone marrow unit. My mother had her 2nd bone marrow transplant a week ago on Monday. She is not doing well. Her counts have not gone up and she as of yesterday has sufferred from fluids coming out of both ends! Anyway, I got approval from the ins co. Since Mom is having issues and I am staying in her room, (she requires 24 hours supervision) I have rescheduled my surgery date to Sept 1. I am on the family resource center computer checking emails and updating family, however the "cookies" will not allow me to update my profile only post! So not computer literate!!!!! So posting to give everyone an update. To those of you that have sent emails, thank you. It feels great opening up email and seeing new ones from so many of you I haven't meet. To those of you that I have not responded to, I'm sorry. I just am exausted and can't stay awake when it is quiet and I am sitting down to think long enough or create words in my head to type to ya'll. Anyway, thanks for the encouragement and prayers. lynn lifsey
modeanryan
on 8/4/04 2:19 pm - Duluth, GA
Lynn, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. It's wonderful you are able to make yourself available to be there to assist and accompany her. We will keep her in our prayers. Glad to hear about your approval, and ultimate reschedule, I know it's a disappointment to have to reschedule, but fortunately, it's not a huge delay. Don't you worry one little bit about responding. I know I am speaking for myself, but I imagine I am not alone when I say, we don't expect a response to every word of support offered...it is offered to be uplifting... we all support each other here, and that is the best response we can give to one another. You take care of yourself, and if we can be of any assistance, please let us know! -Tami
nonamedamet
on 8/5/04 1:18 am - GA
Lynn, You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry to hear your about your Mom. Please let me know if there is anything I can do other than pray. Hugs and prayers, Theresa
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/04 11:09 am - Warner Robins, GA
Lyn, You, your Mother and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. You are a good daughter to be there for your Mom. If there is anything I can do here in Warner Robins/Centerville, please don't hesitate to call on me. Hugs, Tonya
Most Active