HELP - I am SOOOOOO constipated

Curious G.
on 8/4/04 10:59 am - Peachtree City, GA
Ok, been home since sunday... and haven't had a BM... Well I was out walking with a freind and was just certain I had to go RIGHT then. Well I sat on teh toilet for about an hour and zip, zilch, nada....now my lower back is hurting like mad and i just know i need to get rid of this hideous beast inside me.... Assuming I can't get back out tonight and nobody can come by, what is a good thing to do? Would drinking a bit of juice help? I REALLY want a glycerine suppository.... but i don't have any... this is MISERABLE wahhhhhhh Advice please????? Michelle "stopped up" C
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/04 11:58 am - Warner Robins, GA
I just posted to you on the maon board...try some MOM. I used it last night and FINALLY went this morning. Hugs, Tonya
modeanryan
on 8/4/04 2:31 pm - Duluth, GA
Hi Michelle, I believe that this would be where Tooter would start telling us the joys and benefits of flaxseed... You might want to talk to her about that also... Just a thought! -Tami
bettinar
on 8/6/04 8:38 am - baltimore, md
Michelle- I know exactly what you are talking about. I came home from surgery on a Thursday and it wasn't until Tuesday did I have a little BM. I know I got worried so I called Susan (at Dr C's office) and she said we could take a non-stimulant lax. I did not end up taking one because everything started working, but I made sure I ate more yogurt, oatmeal, apple juice and my water. One thing to remember is that you are not eating a lot of food and what you are eating there is not much waste left over. Another thing, you might run into this problem again when you start eating soft foods because you are still not getting a lot of fiber or veggies. Also, as you get further out I do recommed that you keep something on hand because I am 2 months out and I run into times that things are not regular and then you need it. I personally use Colace, Smooth Move Tea, or the Phillips Chewables (they make you think of chocolate). Then on a regular basis I take fiber tablets, just to make sure I get in a little more fiber. Good luck and I hope everything starts working. Bettina
Most Active