Hospital Visit

T. M.
on 8/4/04 8:51 am - Atlanta, GA
I am sure this question has been asked a number of times. I am new to the obesity forum. What items did you take to the hospital? Type of clothes? With so many supplements on the market, how did you begin to choose one that was right for you. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Becky F
on 8/4/04 9:44 am - Woodstock, GA
If you want to wear pajamas, be sure they fasten in the front and are comfy. The hospital gown was what I wore most of the time because I took pjs that went over my head...doesn't work well with IVs. Baggy clothes for going home would be great. I wore my "pull on" pjs home LOL. Other essentials for me were toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hair brush and body splash (also worked as air freshener). I wish I had taken chapstick! I took a robe but didn't use it. Hope this helps! Becky
T. M.
on 8/7/04 5:04 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks. I am excited and afraid at the same time. I can never go anywhere and take everything. I always forget something. My surgery date is 8/16/04, and I was not prepared to go to surgery so quickly. Thanks for your help. T.M.
Karel J.
on 8/4/04 11:43 am - GA
I took a picture of my kids so I could make my room feel homey. I was at Emory and everything was provided but my panties. When I went to the hospital, I wore a comfortable baggy shirt and sweatpants (no bra!) and wore that same outfit home. So all you really need to pack is underwear, socks, chapstick, magazines (I never got to them!), hairbrush, toothbrush/paste and deodorant. You'll probably even want to take your own pillow as I did especially for the ride home. Best wishes!
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/04 12:09 pm - Warner Robins, GA
I wore a t-shirt and elastic waisted shorts to the hospital and wore the same ones home since I was only in them for an hour. I took extra undies for everyday I was there. My own toiletries although AMC does provide them...I like my own. Especially my face lotion and chapstick. I also took a backscratcher, slippers and pillow. I've heard tongs or a wooden spoon is useful for assisting to wipe. AS far as supplements. I'm taking a liquid vitamin(actually powder that is mixed with water) called Isotonix but don't plan to stay on it. I'm still looking for the perfect, reasonably priced vitamin. B-12- sublingual liquid from wal-mart-$5.96 Citrical Calcium w/ Vit D- this is citrate calcium and was recommended by my nutritionist. 2AM/2PM and I chew them up since they are so big. approx $9.00 for 120 pills. Protein Powders- I like Nectar- Roadside Lemonade and Fuzzy Navel powders. I mix them with water and they are 23g per scoop. 36 scoops per 2lb tub. I get them from bariatriceating.com for about 23.00 a tub. You can e-mail her for a free sample. Hope this helps! Tonya
modeanryan
on 8/4/04 2:30 pm - Duluth, GA
I had a friend who was about a year and a half out who suggested I take very little...so I took toothbrush/toothpaste, brush, shampoo, socks, change of panties and a really loose shirt. This was in addition to the really loose clothing I wore in. All the incision/laporascopic work is done above the belly button, but I was very picky about things touching my tummy, so loose is good.. BEST WISHES TO YOU! -Tami
Most Active