OT Starbucks Ban!!

afbrown
on 8/2/04 4:22 pm - Duluth, GA
Okay everyone, this little customer service nightmare has NOTHING to do with weight - because it happened to my son's girlfriend, who is 6' tall and skinny!!! She works at a pharmacy, and went to the Starbucks next door on her break to buy coffee. One of the guys behind the counter was talking about how he had "messed up" someone's drink earlier. She asked him "haven't you worked here about 3 years?" He replied, "3 1/2." She said "you know, that's kind of sad." She was just kidding!! She got her stuff and left. About 40 minutes later, he went over to the pharmacy and called her out from behind the counter. She thought he had a question. No, he wanted to tell her how she had ruined everyone's day over there with her harrassing remarks!! He said that they were just students trying to do the best they could and how could she cut them down like that. She (and her co-workers) were just dumb-founded. She tried to apologize, saying she'd only been kidding and hadn't meant to hurt anyone's feelings. He would not accept her apology and said that maybe she just shouldn't come back. Later, one of her co-workers went over to the Starbucks to ask for a comment card. They called the customer service number and told the guy what had happened. He said he would check with the store and get back with her. After talking to the store, he called her back and said that he would have to side with the store on this one, and maybe she just shouldn't go back!!! Now, is it just me, or did the guy from Starbucks just REALLY over-react? Sheesh. She is now starting a letter writing campaign!! Ann in Duluth
modeanryan
on 8/2/04 9:47 pm - Duluth, GA
HI ANN! Wow....that's tough! How are you doing? It was so great to meet you the other day (with the exception of the reason for the occasion). That day was pretty surreal for me all the way around....seeing Ann's kids after all those years, and meeting you too! I already stay away from Starbucks, just because I can't afford them, but sure sounds odd... I just thought I would pop in and say HELLO!! And how great it was to get to meet you. Keep in touch! -Tami
DeeDee_Cole
on 8/3/04 1:38 am
Makes me wonder if the starbuck's kid happened to mention (when the store was "Checked") that she HEARD he tell about messing up another customers order?!?!?! I'd find it hard to side with the store if they KNEW the kid messed up..... just another reason for me not to go ot starbucks!
Most Active