Need help lossing

sambus24
on 8/1/04 3:40 am - Thomson, ga
I need help lossing 60 lb. and not sure of the best way. I know that l can do it but l wont to do it as fast as l can and a safe as l can. Thank you for the help. sarah
Angel Sellers
on 8/1/04 3:54 am - Smyrna, Ga
Hi Sarah I will tell you what worked for me, but just remember everyone's body is different & if you have specefic medical problems you must take that into consideration first. For me, I tend to be very sensitive to carbohydrates & of course was a carbo junkie. My surgeon wanted 30 lb off before my surgery and I was blessed to get 50 off in about 4 1/2 months. I basically followed the Atkins diet doing very low carbs & high protein. I believe you have to be careful & watch your fat intake also, so I limited my fat as well & chose very lean cuts of meat. I completely cut out sugar & drank water like it was going out of style. Exercise is important also, a diet will only take you so far, so try to implement some kind of daily activity as well. Walking has been the best for me because you can do it @ a lower impact & build up to power walking as you get stronger & healthier. I hope this helps some. Good luck & God bless. Angel
sambus24
on 8/1/04 4:00 am - Thomson, ga
thank you for the help. that ais what l am going to do but just wont it gone and l know that is to much to hope for. so wish me luck. it will be easer becouse go back to work and the kids go back to school this week. that will make it easer for me. you have a good day. sarah
OHAngel2006
on 8/1/04 6:09 am - GA
Try the protein shakes now and drink them as meal replacement. I used the Vitamin Shoppe Whey Proten and mixed 1 TBSP of fruit in with the vanilla and drank it. I lost 19lbs in 2 weeks! For breakfast I would boil eggs and eat the egg whites only. For dinner it was tuna with a little mayo and cucumber slices or a slice of grilled chickend and green beans. I also drank atleast 100 ounces of water a day and would walk about 10-15 mins on the treadmill or work out at the gym with weights.
sambus24
on 8/1/04 8:01 am - Thomson, ga
where do you get them ? Thank you for your help. sarah
Pat Bell
on 8/2/04 4:43 am - Southeast, GA
I went on Dr. Atkins 4 1/2 months before surgery and lost 58 lbs. Dr. Atkins is very confining when it comes to food you can eat. I understand South Beach gives more variety and still gives good results. Both are low carb diets. The good news is that if you are 100% compliant you will no longer crave food all the time. Now that my appetite has come back I am back on Dr. Atkins to stop the constant craving for food. I am diabetic so carbs may react differently for me than they do for others. We all want the weight gone today, but it doesn't happen that way. We gain it over time and have to lose it the same way. 60 lbs can turn into 100 -200 lbs so you are smart to do something now. Don't think of this as a diet, but as a lifestyle change and keep it off. Yo-Yo dieting ruins your metabolism and the time comes that you can't lose unless you do something drastic like wls. Exercise is important in keeping the weight off. Best of luck!
Most Active