Emotional Eater

J. Gwevonne H.
on 7/31/04 1:05 pm - Marietta, GA
OK, it too****il now to realize I am an emotional eater, I am not hungry but bored and a little stressed so guess what I do, before I knew it I was eating a peice of cake..........I see now I am not going to be able to have this junk in my house without eating it........wow, I am sure glad my Phych Eval is over............I can't figure out why I ate the cake, does anyone else have problems like this. I truely didn't mean to eat it, I had already ate half of it before I said DAMN!!!!!!! I am mad at myself.
nonamedamet
on 7/31/04 1:53 pm - GA
I am right there with you. I am baking muffins for my DH and son's for tomorrow and I have sat right here and ate 3 of them. I am not even hungry, they just smelled good and off I went. But I guess if I had will power and ate to live instead of living to eat I wouldn't be anxiously waiting for surgery on the 25th. Hang in there, you are not alone. Hugs and prayers, Theresa
modeanryan
on 7/31/04 3:20 pm - Duluth, GA
Girl, I am RIGHT THERE WITH YOU! however, I will say...since surgery, i have been more BORED than I have EVER BEEN!! Three weeks at home...nothing to do, but walk and watch tv. And even though the are 2 boxes of my favorite cereal, and the folks from church have brought fresh pizzas, roast beef, etc... I am having NO problems staying away. From time to time head hunger gets me, but as long as I remember it for what it is, I usually have a drink of water and I'm fine. You will make it ok... It's hard to fathom pre-op, and I had the same concerns...but I can honestly tell you, it's gonna be ok.
J. Gwevonne H.
on 7/31/04 5:28 pm - Marietta, GA
Thank you, As crazy as it seems I am looking forward to NOT being able to tolerate sweets, besides, I can't stand feeling nauseated, so once I slip up and feel the recourse of my actions, that will straighten me out.
Angel Sellers
on 8/1/04 3:45 am - Smyrna, Ga
I feel your pain as well. I have always been an emotional eater & an emotional person on top of that (hence the reason I got into the fix I was in ) Anyway, it is tough & it will be a constant battle, but one well worth fighting. I have learned to keep a lot of sugar free popsicles on hand because it is a good snack & even contributes to your liquids for the day. Good luck sweetie & hopefully it helps knowing you are not alone. God Bless, Angel
GAMARY
on 8/2/04 5:38 am - SMYRNA, GA
HELLO: I AM READING ALL THIS POST AND I JUST STARTED THIS WLS INVESTIGATION. IS THAT THE CHOCOLATE SUGAR FREE FUDGE THAT WE CAN HAVE OR JUST THE FLAVORED ONES. I WENT TO SEE THE DOCTOR LAST WEEK AND I KNOW IT MIGHT BE 5 MONTHS BEFORE I KNOW WHEN I AM SCHEDULED FOR SURGERY. THANKS MARY
Pat Bell
on 8/2/04 5:06 am - Southeast, GA
Unfortunatly wls will not solve all your problems. Immediately after surgery I forced myself to eat because it was time and I needed the protein. At six months my hunger is back and the battle is on to not graze constantly. The good news is I don't eat as much as I use to when I eat. I have not eaten sweets in over six months because I fear I won't dump and then I'll want them all the time. Having said all that, I am consuming around 600-700 calories a day at this point. My surgeon stresses eating all protein, all veggie and then carb if there is room. I never get to the carb because I am full. I eat based on my surgeons food plan and just don't allow myself to eat anything else. I could have more calories based on his plan, but the plan calls for three meals & a snack. Sticking to the 3 meals & snack I can only consume 600-700 calories. Life is better post-op, but the battle continues daily. Now if they could only do wls on my brain I'd be a happy person. To be honest I don't think I've ever known what hunger was before or after surgery. I eat because I want the sensation of eating. That is scary and I've been thinking about seeing a psychologist or behavior therapist to see if there is any help for me. I don't won't to blow this tool that has been given to me. Best of luck!
Most Active