WHERE ARE MY TASTE BUDS!!!!!!

Cricket B.
on 7/31/04 7:10 am - GA
Okay guys I feel much better but nothing taste good. AT 1st I thought my tastebuds were comming back but no!!! I don't like water, milk, juice or any thing. Sugar free is gross and I guess that's because I was never a sweet person, I gained weight by eating, fried chicken, steak, gravy, ribs real food I was never scared of dumping in less there was sugar in something and I didn't know. But I'm only eating because I know I have to but putting stuff in your mouth with no taste is not any good. My friend had this surgery and she said trust me one day you will be able to taste again and that's how you can put on weight again because she said she can eat anything and has to watch what she puts in her mouth but am I gonna have to weight 2 years to taste again. She said she can even have a Mickey D's shake and cheese buger but I don't want that I just wanna taste the mash potatos I'm eating. I'm sorry I needed to vent and this problem is making me not want to eat and I know that's not good. I'm starting to wonder what have I done to myself
nonamedamet
on 7/31/04 1:41 pm - GA
Cricket, I am still pre-op but from everything I have read what you are feeling is normal. Keep hanging in there and doing what your doctor told you and they say that it just gets better and better. Everything just takes time. You might have to remind me of this same info after my surgery on the 25th. Hugs and prayers, Theresa
Pat Bell
on 8/2/04 5:25 am - Southeast, GA
People are different but at 5 months I wanted food again. I only wish I were back in that period when I had to force myself to eat. I can't eat much at the time but I could easily become a grazer if I allowed myself to eat between meals. In the meantime just eat for nutritional purposes and enjoy the freedom from constant craving of food.
Most Active