Dondranae Melton went to see Michelle C. today

Dondranae M.
on 7/31/04 4:34 am - GA
Hey. I went to see Michelle C. today at Emory Beriatrics. First of all, she is as beautiful as her photograph. I knew her right away. I took her a gift bag of Jello sugar free gelatin (all flavors) and some TY stuffed monkeys (she collects monkeys). She said she had some "buyer's remorse" yesterday but she is feeling better today. I really enjoyed meeting her, the time just flew by. She talked a lot about her kids, I think she really misses them, they are vacationing with grandparents at the lake. And she talked about her work, she built two computers. That just amazes me! She is a very, very, intelligent woman, I really enjoyed meeting her in person. She is a computer programmer and designer and so I really enjoyed listening to her talk about her work. Fascinating. I could tell she really loves her job and she is good at it. She said that yesterday, she was not feeling too good (Oh God, what did I do to myself??!!) But today she seems much better. They took her off her IV and she is taking Percaset for pain. She walked four times yesterday and once this morning and then, she and I walked and she made the loop around the ward!!! I told her, "Forget this hospital, we're going to The Mall!" (just kidding of course) but she really is doing great considering that she just had surgery. Must have something to do with being a redhead....... Anyway, after I visited about an hour and we walked the loop, I could tell she was getting tired, I think she would have visited longer. (She likes to "chatter".) But I could tell she was getting sleepy, so her nurse (great nurse, by the way) made her bed for her and I "tucked her in" and left my phone number for her "just in case". (I am about 2 hours away, but I could come if she needed me). I really, really, enjoyed meeting her in person, intelligent, beautiful and determined woman. Very Courageous. "Bye" Dondranae
modeanryan
on 7/31/04 8:21 am - Duluth, GA
I'm glad your visit was so good....I'm also glad to hear Michelle is doing so well.... I am ALSO GLAD to see YOU on the boards!! Please don't be a stranger!! -Tami
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/04 12:27 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Dondranae!!! Hey gal!! Good to see you on the boards! I am so happy that you got to meet Michelle. Sounds like you two had a nice visit! Glad to hear she is doing well. How are you doing? HUgs, Tonya
J. Gwevonne H.
on 7/31/04 1:15 pm - Marietta, GA
Glad you had a great visit....Also glad to hear Michelle was feeling better during your visit, I am sure you visiting helped.
Jimmys S.
on 8/1/04 9:13 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Dondranae, So glad to hear your visit went so well! Sounds like you are a great angel! I have been wondering about you and how your weight loss program was working for you! Hope all is well! May you continue to be blessed! Sunshine Kim
Most Active