Been lurking

Melissa F.
on 7/30/04 1:58 pm - Griffin, GA
Hello everyone, I've been lurking and reading your messages for weeks now and I want to tell you that you've been a big help and very supportive to me already. I also have a question .... what has been the average time for everyone after paperwork submitted to insurance to approval? I've been waiting for mine to be submitted for several months now.... a slight "problem in communication" between my PCP's office and Dr. Duncan's office. I called Mon just to check on status and found they didn't even have my main letter of referral! PCP's office was sure it was sent. Still not there. I've turned into a pest I think calling every day this week to find out if paperwork has been sent. I will probably hand carry it Mon if they still don't have it!!! Do they get ticked at you for calling so much? Melissa P.S. Sorry so long.
OHAngel2006
on 7/30/04 10:15 pm - GA
NOt at all! I think they appreciate the fact you are helping keep up with things! Just remember the squeaky wheel gets oiled :0) My paperwork was received at my ins in March and I was approved in July after several appeals. I think it was just my ins company being difficult! But stay on top of it and call and ask and keep copies!
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/04 11:16 pm - Warner Robins, GA
From the time Dr Duncan's office received all my paperwork to the time I got approval was about 2 weeks and then I had surgery 3.5 weeks after that. I was fortunate that my insurance company responded so quickly. I have never sensed that I was irritating the gals in Dr Duncan's office. They were all very nice and helpful. Good Luck, Tonya
Ginger L.
on 7/31/04 2:53 am - Woodstock, GA
Hopping in.... Tonya, What insurance do you have? I have BCBS PPO. How are they at responding do you know? G
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/04 6:51 am - Warner Robins, GA
I have Unicare. Seems like a lot of people on the Board have BCBS and they seem to approve in a reasonable amount of time. Make a post about BCBS PPO or go up the top of the screen and search by "insurers" and see what others have to say about them. Good Luck, Tonya
Most Active