OT- I am veery upset and depressed!

Denise M.
on 7/30/04 8:46 am - Stone Mountain, GA
Hi Guys, I have not posted for awhile- A lot is going on in my office. I work for MCI (formally Worldcom- formally MCI) and its been a hell of a week. Any of you business savy folks know that our former CEO did an ENRON on us, and we had to go into bankruptcy...With that, caused tons of lay offs. We emerged from bankruptcy this year- However, we are not making a profit. Therefore, you know what that means- Decrease headcount to make profits go up. We went from a company of 75,000 to I think now 40,000 .. Today our department, (Finance) got hit. Some of my dearest friends and co- workers got hit with no warning, and are gone in 30 days. One guy I work with had no idea or warning. He is in his mnid 50's- has a son in med school, one in college, and a daughter in High School. He has been here 18 years. They would not even allow him to transfer jobs, or relocate...it was not an option. I am one of those RARE folks that has a job that I absolutely love. I LOVE MY JOB... Love the folks I work with and love my manager. I am considered an oldtimer... By the grace of God, I am going on 17 years... Well today at 1:00 I was told I have been moved to a new group and new department. There were so many cuts in another group, and the Director of that group knowing my capabilites wanted me in this group. I was not asked, was not even spoken to. I was just told- This is it, boom..... Now, don't get me wrong. I am BLESSED and THANK GOD I have a job. However, I am so upset, that I my way home. I feel raped and feel as though I am just a slave to the system. Actually I feel like a slave thats just been sold to the highest bidder. On top of it, here I am about to have MAJOR SURGEY in 13 days, and now I have to worry about coming back to a new job. In my current position I have flex days in which I work from home twice a week- and I may now be possibly losing that benefit. I am very very upset about this and I have no recourse. No Recourse.....Yet I am to be thankful... My talked to me a long time this afternoon and got me calmed down. I appreciate her listening to me. I was very very PLEASE Pray for me guys , I am having issues with this. Denise
Audrey J.
on 7/30/04 9:17 am - The Beautiful State, GA
And understandably so....I am so sorry to hear this. Our family had to face a lay off a few years ago and it was devastating. My husband's entire department got moved to Mexico!!! 30 day notice and Good Bye! It is a difficult transistion. I can understand your "mixed" feelings. In our family, the lay off turned out to be a good thing because my husband got into a new career. And he would have never done that if the lay off had not "forced" him to so it all worked out but it is still a very difficult situation. One thing I held unto during that time was: "All things work together for good for those who love The Lord and are called according to His purpose." I just kept believing that it would work for our good. AJ
Denise M.
on 7/30/04 9:40 am - Stone Mountain, GA
Thank you Audrey- I will get over this...I am just a bit down today... Denise
Audrey J.
on 7/30/04 9:55 am - The Beautiful State, GA
Absolutely. And for good reason. As you said, you have surgery coming up soon. Try to take care of yourself. AJ
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/04 11:16 am - Warner Robins, GA
Denise, I just sent you an e-mail. Also, on the wrok front...that is terrible! It's hard to see good friend's loose their job and change is hard. I am thankful that you still have a job to come back to. It's will be hard to rest knowing that you will come back to a new dept and job but try, try(easier said then done) to look at it as a new Season for you. You are going to be loosing weight, taking control of your health and stepping into a new job that just might open new doors. There's a reason and season for everything. Try to embrace it and feel the blessings that God has given you. You may not see it now but this could be a postive thing. God has mysterious ways to bring good things and new opportunites into our lives. Big hugs, Tonya
Denise M.
on 7/31/04 1:05 am - Stone Mountain, GA
Hey Tonya! I was worried about you- glad to hear from you. Yesterday was horrible! Today is another day. I am much better- I just had a great shock I think, but much better today. You are right- there is a reason for everything. God has never failed me, and he is not about to start now. Thanks for the great upbeat response and glad to see you doing so well. Denise.
divadedi
on 7/30/04 11:37 am - Mableton, GA
Denise my love...ok I am now about to give you the speach. You are thankful to God he has spared you from layoff and thats great. What you should do is not be depressed but yet say ok God, you got a plan and you know my situation so now reveal to me so I can do what directions we are going in. God has our steps ordered and He is going to take good care of you sweetie, dont be depressed and angry( thats the devil) and that is what he want you to do and you should not give that ole devil not even an ounce of satisfaction. God is the head of your life and He has brought you too far with being on a job you love for so long and also with your surgery right around the corner to let you go without him. This is a bump in the road and he is just working it out the rest of the way. When we become to comfortable we tend to get shaken up by change but we got to stay focus and say Ok Lord, Your talking to me, I am listening, whats up....He wants our undivided attention and will do whatever to get it. So Denise my sister, keep praying, seek God for directions and He will give it to you and stay positive and focus....You are on a new journey in your life for a reason, dont panic it will all work out....Go to your new department with that same love you had in your old department, and with that outlook, you will be elevated, so dont sweat the small stuff, its just God... Love You... " Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God"
Denise M.
on 7/31/04 1:03 am - Stone Mountain, GA
Hi Deedy, I slept on it, and spoke with a good friend in that new Dept last night. I am much better today. I think the shock of events yesterday was a bit more than I could handle at the time. Yesterday I was so upset I can not even tell you all how I felt. I was just overwhelmed with it all. I have a much more positive outlook on it today. I will take it for what it is and keep going. Denise
Most Active