protien shakes????

Laura E.
on 7/30/04 1:37 am - Hinesville, GA
Does anyone know of any GOOD tasting protien shakes with a lot of protien in them? I am drinking Carnation Instant Breakfast now but with the milk it only has 10 or 11 grams of protien. I need more protien, please me. Thanks Laura
Siddy I.
on 7/30/04 2:04 am - Savage, MN
From what I've gone through and seen from a lot of folks is that everyone has different taste. What someone SWEARS is the BEST tasting stuff ever, may taste like pure ass to someone else. So... the best advice I can give ya is to get lots of samples and just try them out to see what taste the best to you. When I was a pre-op and a fresh post-op I spent HUNDREDS of $'s on different protein drinks, powders, bars, you name it and most of it was given away. I can gag down Nectar if I have to but I have not had a protein drink in a long time. I do keep samples on hand just in case I need to get back on track if I'm not getting my protein in. wlssuccess.com, vitalady.com and bariatriceating.com all sell samples of a bunch of different drinks. Also GNC has small packets of different ones. Good luck to you!! Sidney
Laura E.
on 7/30/04 5:51 am - Hinesville, GA
Sidney, You are full of information, thank you. I looked at all of the web sites you named and I am going to try some samples off of the baratric web site. Thanks again Laura
OHAngel2006
on 7/30/04 4:25 am - GA
I've tried the ones from Vitamin Shoppe that are Whey protein because I can't tolerate the lactose in the others. These are wonderful. I mix a teaspoon of fruit in the vanilla and put it in the blender and I like it
mikkozoe
on 7/30/04 4:37 am - Conyers, GA
Laura The last thing i have been drinking is ISOPURE they are kinda like a kool aid drink and they are all ready mixed up and they have 40 grams and they are pretty good ...But like the others have said ..what is good to me might be straight up nasty to you ...but that is one that i have been getting down for the past few weeks ... Laura
Kelle W
on 7/30/04 5:15 am - Atlanta, GA
The only ones I can tolerate are the Unjury brand that you get online at Unjury dot com. The chocolate actually tastes like choc. milk with no weird smells or tastes. I highly recommend them. Kelle
Laura E.
on 7/30/04 5:49 am - Hinesville, GA
Thanks Kelle, I did look at that web site and I am going to order some samples. Laura
divadedi
on 7/30/04 11:41 am - Mableton, GA
Ok i am out the hospital a few days and i have tried my own protein shake. I got a canister of EAS Whey Protein vanilla, which has 20 grams of protein per scoop. So i took a scoop and put it in the blender, with water, ice cubs and Crystal Light Rasberry and when i tell you IT WAS WAYYYYY TOOO GOOD....TRY IT AND I HOPE YOU LIKE IT...
Bonnie W.
on 7/30/04 1:19 pm - Clyo, Ga
Hi Laura...I just love the Isoprue Dutch Chocolate...I have it most every morning and sometimes I mix it with coffee..yummy. I also rely on the Nectar brand ...Love the Caribbean Cooler, Fuzzy Navel and others they have. They are especially good mixed with various flavors of Crystal Light. Hope this helps. Also keep checking posts for different recipes for fun shakes. Good luck on you journey.
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/04 2:04 am - Warner Robins, GA
Laura, Here is some info to get either free or low cost samples of some of the more popular protein powders. My FAVORITES are the Nectar- Roadside Lemonade and Fuzzy Navel and the Whey Fruity- Fruit Punch(taste like Hawaiian punch) I order them from www.bariatriceating.com She has the best prices and she gets the orders out quickly!! www.molecularnutrition.net/free_stuff - 2 free samples, lemonade and fruit punch www.gourmetprotein.com - the charge is $4.95 for a 7 piece sample kit and they send you a $5 coupon for a later order. The flavors are berry medley, banana cream, chocolate chip, orange dreamsicle, pina colada, raspberry & cream, tropical punch (I think those are correct!). also, for a sample of 'roadside lemonade' call 1 866 333 7403 and ask for the 'operator' Tonya
Most Active