Dining Out Card??

virgohoney
on 7/29/04 2:02 pm - Covington, GA
Today I received my card that says I should be allowed to order small portions or from the Senior or children's menu from Dr. Duncan. Can anyone tell me where they have used this card? Did you have trouble using it? Or is it easier to just order regular portions and take home a doggie bag? Smooches, Chandra Lap RNY 6/22/04 297/269/135
hotlistic
on 7/29/04 2:07 pm - Atlanta, GA
I have not had the surgery but looking forward to have it soon. I just have one more test to complete then I will get my surgery date. I read on some other posts that alot of places do not honor the card. If you find any that do please let me know. Also how do I go about finding an angel right about know I need one bad. thx
mikkozoe
on 7/29/04 10:05 pm - Conyers, GA
Chandra I have never used my card i have found it is easier for me to just get something that i can take home and eat for lunch the next day or to just order appitazers or side items ....Or ala cart so i have had no problems really .....it is not as bad as you think it is going to be ..i was thinking i would be useing that card all the time but not once has it crossed my mind !!!! Laura
Karel J.
on 7/29/04 10:37 pm - GA
I've always ordered from a kids menu. If I get strange looks then either I'll show my card or explain I've had bypass surgery. Once I inform my server of that, they've always been glad to assist me. I've never been told I couldn't order from a kids menu. I've been pleasantly surprised at some places that are actually knowledgeable and understanding of the surgery. Places in Conyers that I've dined at and haven't had a problem eating a kids meal are Longhorn, Roadhouse, Up the Creek and Outback. Of course, at all fast food places you can have a kids meal. Personally, I can't tolerate the food in those. Enjoy! Karel
DeeDee_Cole
on 7/29/04 11:13 pm
I use my card at most "regular" restaurants. Buffest don't usually honor it. I can order smaller portions and be charged less....like on my vacation my TOTAL eating out bill was under $50.00....for 5 days! Some places honor it - some don't. I wouldn't feel guilty about using it - I promise you it will save money - and since you can now only eat a little bit....every penny counts! The other problem with ordering off kids/seniors menus is most of the food is fried - and not foor you should be eating..... Just my thought
Siddy I.
on 7/30/04 3:31 am - Savage, MN
There is a Chinese buffet (sp?) in Conyers that takes the card. Its the one on 138 next to KFC. Geez, I wish I could remember the name... They will grill a steak or chicken for you with some veggies and will only charge you the childs price. I dont even have a card but I'd never use it anyway. And besides, I can always find something on the regular menu. If its too much food I'll have it for lunch the next day. 2 (or more) meals for the price of one. Its a DEAL! Sidney
Katrina B.
on 8/1/04 10:09 am - Augusta, GA
I have recently used my card to order kids meal at red lobster. I ordered the crab legs with veggies it was so good. katrina
Most Active