Had my 2 Week Check-Up today!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/04 6:29 am - Warner Robins, GA
I went up to Dr Ducan's office today for my 2 week check-up. I was disappointed to hear that Dr. McGowan is no longer there. He graduated from his fellowship and moved on to his own practice per the PA. But everythign else went well. I am doing great! I am down 14lbs! Can I get a WOO-HOO?! She said I can skip the pureed stage and go straight to stageIII foods...shrimp, chicken, chicken salad, green beans..etc. I can return back to work...on Monday!(good to know since I've been working from home and have gone to the office several times alreadyLOL) I have felt kinda tired in the afternoon but after a quick power nap I fell energized again. I have continued to tolerate all foods. One day I got a little quesy from refried beans but that was b/c I ate too much. I was able to eat 4 oz but now all of a sudden my nerve endings kicked in and now I am getting full off smaller quantities...especially denser foods. It's all working out and coming together. Anyway, I'm feeling good and am enjoying the fact that my clothes are getting looser! WOO-HOO!! And thanks to my right hand man James for taking me to the Dr Tonya
Jimmys S.
on 7/28/04 6:38 am - Warner Robins, GA
Tonya, Wonderful news! Glad things are going well! Joyce said she was sending out my info to blue cross today! I will call them monday and make sure they got it! Sunshine Kim
freespirit
on 7/28/04 11:05 am - Hawkinsville, GA
Ohhhh Kim! Dr. Duncan's office sent my stuff to insurance today too! Maybe us two Middle Georgia Gals can walk the halls of AMC together! Wouldn't that be cool??? *crosses my fingers for both of us!* Robin
Jimmys S.
on 7/28/04 2:56 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Robin, How fantastic! I pray for us both....man do I want this to be approved quickly for us both! Sunshine Kim
nonamedamet
on 7/28/04 11:58 pm - GA
Hijack- Hey Kim and Robin I want to be up there walking the halls with you guys! I should get my date tomorrow. Hope to get to meet you both at the next minimee meeting. Hugs and prayers, Theresa
Jimmys S.
on 7/29/04 6:07 am - Warner Robins, GA
Theresa, It sure would be great all 3 of us walking the halls as losers! Where is the next minimees meeting? I am so backed up in my emails so I dont know!? I definitely hope to be able to go! Sunshine Kim
virgohoney
on 7/28/04 11:16 am - Covington, GA
Way to go Tonya!! WooooHoooo!! Yippee!! Now Thread hijacking!!! Alright Kimmiepoo!!! I am so excited for you!!! Call insurance to make sure they got it!! Stay on them everyday if you have to, WOW this is great!! I am keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer for you. Smooches! Chandra
Jimmys S.
on 7/28/04 2:58 pm - Warner Robins, GA
I am so happy! I will call and hound them, I promise! Pray for me Angel! I need it! BTW, how you been girlie? Sunshine Kim
Dee G.
on 7/28/04 7:36 am - Thomaston, GA
Great news on those lost 14 pounds I hope mine comes off quickly after surgery. My date is scheduled for Aug. 13th. What are some of the things you ate once you got home from hospital? That way I can get a head start on stocking up. Dee
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/04 11:40 am - Warner Robins, GA
Dee, I had these items on hand: -Crystal Lite -Bottled water -Propel (water didn't sit right at first and still working on it) -chicken & beef broth -s/f jello -s/f pudding-choc, banana cream & vanilla (I am lactose intolerant so I used powdered milk to make it. It turned out great!) -lite whip cream (to mix in with jell-o & pudding. It makes the pudding like a moussee!) -s/f popscicles -Edy's no sugar added frozen fruit bars -yogurt- danon's carb control (delcious!) -cream soups(I like cream of chicken) -packaged gravy -potato flakes- for mashed potatoes (never used them before but they aren't bad!) -Applesauce no sugar added -Protein powder or shakes- I use the Nectar powders- fuzzy navel, lemonade, & carribean cooler (23g protein for each 8oz) These foods will get you through the first few weeks. Don't be afraid to be creative. I added salsa to my broth to jazz it up a bit I started eating egg drop soup from a Asian Rest. on day 4. It sat real well. Vitamins, Citrical Calcium +Vit D(I chew them up...not too bad. Gritty & a little chalky but not bad!), and liquid B-12(wal-mart 5.96) Good Luck!! Hugs, Tonya
Most Active