How long did it take . . .

freespirit
on 7/28/04 1:54 am - Hawkinsville, GA
. . . for Dr. Duncan's office to file your papers with insurance once they had received all of your papers from your PCP? I'm just curious as I know Dr. D's office got all of my paperwork yesterday. Also -- how long did it take for them to schedule surgery once they received the approval letter from Insurance. Impatiently Waiting, Robin
mikkozoe
on 7/28/04 4:10 am - Conyers, GA
Robin Well lets see i faxed over my last piece of paper work to them on a friday and she faxed it over to BCBS that afternoon ...Now BCBS it took them about 10 days before they had it in the system ..but they say 7-10 days ...so that was noraml ...Then dunca called me on March 16 and i had a date of april 6 so i had like two and a half weeks for my date once i was approved Laura
nonamedamet
on 7/28/04 4:19 am - GA
Here is my experience, and (I have been the Queen of impatient since I made the decision to have WLS).... Dr D office had all paperwork on 7-6-04 Verbal confirmation that everything was sent to insurance on 7-8-04 Insurance co confirmed recpt of paperwork on 7-14-04 Got verbal approval from insurance co on 7-20-04 Written confirmation in mail on 7-23-04 Faxed my copy of confirmation on 7-26-04 just to make sure Dr D had it in file. As long as they have the confirmation by Wednesday you will have a surgery date on that Friday. SO I should have my surgery date this Friday. Will keep you posted. Have you and your swift approval in my prayers, Theresa
Most Active