PLEASE HELP!!! FAST

Cricket B.
on 7/23/04 11:02 am - GA
Okay guys I really messed up. I knew which protein drinks I wanted and everything but guess what? I can't get them because this surgery date came out the blue really fast. So the one's I wanted have to be ordered and I have SURGERY MONDAY! So help guys which one do you think taste good from GNC and Walmarts. I have to run and get some by Sunday. Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 7/23/04 12:13 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Cricket, I order mine from bariatriceating.com. Susan Maria is very fast about getting them out. I usually receive mine in 3 days. She's located in FL. I'm not sure who your surgeon is but ours didn't require us to start our protein until the 5th day I believe. Good Luck! Tonya
Cricket B.
on 7/23/04 12:26 pm - GA
Thanks Tonya I have the same Doc and I just said I need to look at the diet list to see when I start. Tonya I am just running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I got a party I gotta go to Saturday and only drink clear fluids. I'm gonna go crazy. Thanks
Cricket B.
on 7/23/04 12:37 pm - GA
One more thing, which ones do you like? Have you tried to can ones already mixed? because I don't wanna mix powders. I tried it and did not like doing it. I just wanna pop a can open.
virgohoney
on 7/23/04 1:42 pm - Covington, GA
Hi Cricket! Congrats on your upcoming surgery! We'll be praying for an uncomplicated procedure and a speedy recovery. I hate all of the protein shakes (powder or can), but GNC carries a Myoplex Carb Sense and it is delicious. It is a juice type drink (I love the mixed berry) and it has no carbs or sugar, only 90 calories and 22 grams of protein per 10.5 oz bottle. It's not cheap though, about $1.89 per bottle, but it's worth it, because I actually enjoy drinking it. Plus, I purchased one of those GNC Gold cards and save 20% during the first week of each month. You should buy one now, just to see if you like it. Oh, the drink at Wal-Mart the other lady was talking about is called "Pria" I believe. Also, Wal-mart carries AdvantEdge, it's a juice drink also and is made by the same company that makes Myoplex. It has 2 carbs, no sugar, 60 calories, and 15 grams of protein. They are sold in 4 packs for around $5.99. Trust me, it's going to take awhile to be able to get in your protein requirements. Good luck and if you have any other questions or just want to chat...feel free to email me. Smooches Chandra (oh, I changed my name to Thick and Chocolate) Lap RNY 6/22/04 297/272/135
Cricket B.
on 7/23/04 3:41 pm - GA
Girl I love you!!! Thanks for the info.
Kelle W
on 7/24/04 2:07 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey Ms Thick and Chocolate I've got a question for you about the Myoplex....do those come in a glass bottle? I tried some drink from out of the cooler at GNC....sounds like it had the same number of protein grams as what you're talking about....I tried it in Fruit Punch flavor and it was horrible. I mean just nasty! What flavor do you drink and is it possible I had some other type of drink from them? The only protein I've been able to stand so far is the Unjury powder. It's mixed with lactose free milk and it's awesome! My doctor requires us to drink at least two glasses of milk daily, so it's perfect for getting in my two shakes, one for breakfast, one for dinner, then I eat something for lunch. Kelle
virgohoney
on 7/25/04 4:38 am - Covington, GA
Hey Kelle, they are in the glass bottles, but they have several different ones in the cooler at GNC. So I'm not sure which one you tried. I like the Myoplex in Mixed Berry. It's smooth, almost like drinking kool-aid to me. This one was in a 10.5 oz bottle with a purple label. I am going to order the Unjury, because I am having a hard time getting in my protein too, and GNC runs out of the Myoplex alot. Keep up posted with your progress! Smooches Chandra Lap RNY 6/22/04 297/272/135
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/04 1:31 am - Warner Robins, GA
Cricket, I use the powders. They are easy to make. One scoop in a squeeze bottle with ice and water, a few shakes and your ready to go. I love the Fuzzy Navel and Roadside lemonade. They are $22.00 for a tub of 30 scoops. Good Luck, Tonya
Dixie P.
on 7/24/04 10:46 pm - Atlanta, GA
Cricket - you will have a couple of weeks before you are ready to down protein drinks. At first after surgery you will be drinking milk and water, boullion and SF popsicles, that's about it. The protein shakes and drinks won't kick in until your body has had a chance to heal more. Don't fret. As for the AdvantEdge drinks, I loved them pre-op, but post-op they made me nauseous. I LOVED chocolate pre-op, but now it makes me sick to my stomach. I had to buy vanilla flavored drinks (which used to make me sick! Go figure!). Don't stress. Be calm. You won't starve, nor will you develop a vitamin deficiency in the short two weeks until you are ready for a protein shake. Take your chewable vitamins and you will be fine. I am 8 weeks post-op and only able to eat 3 tablespoons of food at a meal. I freaked out at first because I was sure I was going to starve to death from malnutrition - but I am fine. It's amazing how little food the body really needs to live! Once you accept that fact, you will marvel at the massive amounts of food other people put in their bodies - having lunch with your girlfriends will gross you out! LOL!!! While they tsk tsk and shake their heads at your little tiny lunch, you are doing the same thing watching them gobble down an entire Subway sandwich or burger, fries and Coke! Good luck on Monday. Stay focused. Stay positive. YOU ARE GOING TO BE A WHOLE NEW HEALTHY AND BEAUTIFUL PERSON!!!! YAY FOR YOU!!!!!
Most Active