Bittersweet!

lstivers
on 7/22/04 12:29 pm - Bogart, GA
I am so happy that I had this surgery. I feel wonderful. Everyone who knows me has noticed my 37 pound loss, and everyone is so supportive. I joined the gym and will start on Monday. Taking walks in this heat is unbearable. I also bought a couple of new things last night that actually fit, and so many people complimented me today. The funny part is that I couln't get used to the new blouse I wore. I kept thinking that it felt too small, because I have gotten used to clothes that are a good bit too big. Size distortion is already happening. I am still woeful about this not coming off a little faster than it is. I was hoping to lose fifty pounds the first two months, but I only have two weeks left. Maybe the gym will help my stubborn metabolism (which was always my problem). How is it that you can take in less than five or six hundred calories a day for weeks and still the metabolism won't let go? Another thing that annoys me is the whole menstral cycle thing. Before surgery, I wouln't have a cycle for months, now in six weeks, I've already had two. Hey nobody told me I would resume my normal cycle sooo fast. This is a definite bitter side effect! Anybody got advice about jump starting a hateful metabolism? Thanks, -Paige
Sheila M.
on 7/22/04 12:35 pm - Athens, GA
Hey Paige, Congrats on your weight loss. I notice that you are from Bogart, Ga and I live in Athens, GA, did you join a gym in this area? Do You ever go to any support Group meetings? I am a pre-op of Dr. Duncan and I am waiting on insurance approval. Sheila
lstivers
on 7/23/04 1:37 am - Bogart, GA
Sheila, I live off Jimmy Daniel across from the back entrance to Jennings Mill. I joined Ladies 1st and will start next week. My trainer from last fall (who is my neighbor_ is one of the instructors there. It's an awesome facility and no men! I am a patient of Dr. Procter's in Gainesville and have been to a couple of support meetings and a couple of lectures. I hope all goes well with your approval process. Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with in your journey. -Paige
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/04 12:40 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Paige, I think you are doing wonderful!! I thought you were so sharply dressed when we met for dinner. I can't wait to see you again and see how you've progressed. I hope you can make the dinner next month. We sound liek we have a lot in common. I have very irregular cycles also. I have seen many women post that they started in the hospital due to the trauma of the surgery, well...I wasn't that traumatized.LOL I do hope that I do regulate though.(I can't believe I said that) As for jump starting your metabolism, I'm still fresh at this, but are you taking in enough protein?? If not try a protein shake or two especially when you start working out and that might help...it did my friend anyway. Good Luck gal, Tonya
lstivers
on 7/23/04 1:42 am - Bogart, GA
Thanks Tonya. I've been pretty good with my protein, so I'm thinking that the regular workouts will hopefully get me rolling a little faster. I hope to see you at next month's dinner as well. Keep getting stronger and enjoying your time off. I miss mine! -Paige
modeanryan
on 7/23/04 2:05 am - Duluth, GA
Paige, Up until April of this year, I had been like CLOCKWORK with my cycles and then they suddenly stopped. I have had some light spotting since surgery, so I assume it will not be long before they decide to join me once again....whoopee... I know we all want this weight to come off super fast, but (and I am listening to my own advise here..) we have to remember how long we carried this stuff, and how long it took us to just get approved. The good Lord will have this stuff come off us as safely as it should....and sadly, that may not be as fast as we want it! You keep it up girl! You are doing fantastic!!!!!!! -Tami -Tami
lstivers
on 7/24/04 3:45 am - Bogart, GA
Tami, I so appreciate your support. Sometimes I have to be reminded that it took fifteen years for me to get to the point where I needed surgery to control my weight. Losing almost 40 pounds in six weeks is really is an accomplishment. It seems that it all boils down to perspective at this point. I hope all goes will with you as you continue to progress, and thankyou again for the reality check. -Paige
Most Active