6 month check up at 7 1/2 months

mako1120
on 7/22/04 4:47 am - Oakwood, GA
Went today for my 6 month check up with my surgeon.. (rescheduled from 06-22-04).. Great news! My Labs are all normal, my blood pressure is 112/72 ( was on medication before surgery ) and the best news of all......... I am 9 lbs away from his goal weight for me which will put me at a BMI of 25! He usually has his patients come back every 6 months but he said I was doing so well that he will see me back in the office next July. I did ask him about a "knot" I discovered on my throat. It is my "adams apple"... Boy did I feel silly...
Denise M.
on 7/22/04 5:02 am - Stone Mountain, GA
Laura, That is Beautiful! That means you were a model patient! You need to pat yourself on the back and do a tarzan yell That is wonderful! Denise
mako1120
on 7/22/04 5:19 am - Oakwood, GA
Thank you Denise!! I am proud of myself! So many times I was 'sure' I was going to be the one that this surgery did not work for!
modeanryan
on 7/22/04 6:11 am - Duluth, GA
Hi Laura! I am a fellow Obesity Solutions patient, but I used Dr. Richard. We just missed eac other, as I was out there yesterday! Comgrats to you! I look forward to following in your footsteps!!!! -Tami
mako1120
on 7/22/04 6:58 am - Oakwood, GA
Hey Tami! I was actually going to check on you when you were in the hospital because someone here on the board was asking how you were doing and I work at Lanier Park. Sorry I did not get over there to meet you. How are you doing?? Hopefully I will meet you at one of the support group meetings. laura
Patsy G.
on 7/22/04 8:42 am - GA
Wow Laura! You have done a fantastic job. You look great! Keep up the good work. Patsy
lstivers
on 7/22/04 12:01 pm - Bogart, GA
Laura, you are amazing. How on earth did you do it? I am 6 weeks out and have lost 37 pounds. I cannot help but think that my stubborn metabolism has struck again. I've joined a gym and will start on Monday. Are you working out like a maniac or what? I am following the rules, but cannot seem to get this off any faster? I am so thrilled for you. Isn't Obesity Solutions just the best. Keep up the excellent work! -Paige
Most Active