15 Ins. Plans drop Surgry?

sjmel13
on 7/21/04 11:05 am - Milner, GA
A friend of a friend was scheduled to have surgery on Monday, she was at the hospital, ready to go in the O.R. when the financial coordinator comes up and tells her that Her insurance company changed its policy and is not covering her, so she had to go back home. Does this sound right to anyone. I heard she said she found out 15 of the Major insurance companies suddenly stopped covering surgery as of July 20th. Any one sles hear anything. I went to Dr Duncan's seminar Tuesday night and nobody mentioned anything........
cbouland
on 7/21/04 12:57 pm - Conyers, GA
What type of insurance did she have? That is really scary.... I am scheduled on Sept 1 and it took me almost 2 years to get this far.... Who was her carrier? Who is her doctor? I would be interested in knowing,... THanks for the information Connie
sjmel13
on 7/21/04 8:50 pm - Milner, GA
Sorry, I don't know her personally so I don't have any idea who her carrier is. I have scoured the National News sites and all I found was that Medicare is probably going to start covering it soon. If Medicare coovers it that shouldn'yt most insuarnce be covering it. It just doesn't sound right. I would think iof you have an approval letter they can't come back and change there minds,especially on the mrning of surgery. I would sue if it was me. I'm just trying to see if anyone had this issue. Thanks for looking....
Most Active