ANYONE LISTED AS "EXTREMELY HIGH RISK" AND HAD THE SURGERY??

Dee C.
on 7/20/04 11:41 pm - Greenville, SC
Well, I'm back home - was in pre-op and I am listed extremely high risk and was not able to go through with surgery yesterday - it has been postponed. I have such mixed feelings about it. Thank God I have the best skilled surgeon to help me through all this. His bedside manner has been just wonderful. If I go through with it - I wouldn't do it without him as my surgeon. Anyone used Opti Fast?? I'm just exploring another option if I can't go through with it.
Dixie P.
on 7/21/04 3:18 am - Atlanta, GA
A woman I work with did the Opti-Fast weight loss program and lost most of her excess weight. She is 13 months out and has maintained her weight loss. Just as with weight loss surgery, she had to change her lifestyle and start a strict exercise regimen. She also was careful not to go back to solid foods too quickly once her program was over. I had inquired into this program prior to beginning my investigation into wls, and found that my insurance company would not cover the cost of the program! Even though it was thousands of dollars less than the surgery! She did her program through Emory University and it was approximately $5,000. You didn't say why you are considered high risk or whether your risk factors are temporary or something that can't be reversed.
Most Active