Help a sister out!!!!

hotlistic
on 7/20/04 1:27 pm - Atlanta, GA
I have been approved for a month now, and I am waiting on my per- op tests to be completed an analyzed. Should I call to get a surgery date or should I wait until all the tests are completed and analyzed. As I look at the other posts I see were others have been approved and received a date right away. Thanks in advance
modeanryan
on 7/20/04 1:48 pm - Duluth, GA
Hi Shakesha, I don't know how Dr. Lin works..but I had a date within a week of approval, but I have also heard of docs that wait, like you are dealing with. Can't hurt to give them a buzz and just ask what the procedure is.... Good Luck!!! -Tami
Lu C.
on 7/20/04 10:50 pm - Stockbridge, GA
Call them Call them Call them!!!!! Sometimes they let things slip through. It sure want hurt to call and just fnd out what the scoop is..I was a pest to my doctors office and glad I was a few times. Let us know Lu
Anna Marie D.
on 7/20/04 11:37 pm - Suwanee, GA
Hi Shakesha, Getting the approval from your insurance company is half the battle! Unfortunately there has been quite a turnover of personnel in the Emory program. Apparantly the main bariatric coordinator left sometime in December and 2 others have been in training and have already left also. Many people have been left in limbo. This was discussed at the Wings Around Atlanta support group this past Saturday. The name and direct number of the new person was mentioned but I don't remember it. If you go on yahoo and then to health groups and then to WingsAroundAtlanta and post the question and someone can probably give it to you. I would then call as much as possible. Good luck! Marie, 1/2 the size from my highest weight (539) post op, 12.02.03 lap rny, Dr Hart -112 lbs since surgery -48 lbs as pre op -109 lbs due to illness looking into reconstructive surgery
Dixie P.
on 7/21/04 3:08 am - Atlanta, GA
Call them! Get a date! Tell them your tests are done and you need a date. That will also encourage them to get on the stick and analyze your tests. My final tests were completed two days before my surgery date and the pulmonologist's report hadn't even gotten to my surgeon by the time I was rolled into surgery!!
Dee C.
on 7/21/04 4:10 am - Greenville, SC
As you read, there was turnover with staff there - the nurses and medical staffing are good. The surgeons are some of the best in the USA. my doctor is Dr. Lin - he is a highly skilled surgeon who also has a terrific bedside manner. i wouldn't consider surgery without using him. he did my endoscopy and colonscopy so i've had alot of contact with him. i do know nothing is scheduled till you have insurance approval and when that it done - call his office and kindly insist of all the tests completed - then you meet with dr. lin and he gives you surgery date after again going over procedure. if you have any more questions, send me an email. dee
NAT
on 7/23/04 5:50 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey Shakesha, not sure but read my page there may be a website you want to check out. It's colored so should pop out. What is the 411 on your status now NAT
Most Active