Question-Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO

zoezoe
on 7/19/04 9:03 pm - Atlanta, GA
Hi Gang- I just heard from Dr. Burrowes office yesterday that BC/BS-PPO has written them asking for 3 years history of my weight. Has anyone had this happen? Do I have to sit up and remember the different doctors I may have gone to in 2001, 2002, and 2003 - and try to get records from them? Is BC/BS a real stickler in this regard?
Kelle W
on 7/20/04 12:30 am - Atlanta, GA
Cheryl, I have BCBS POS and for my diet history, I sent them a spreadsheet listing my age, the diet I attempted and the resulting weight lose. I did it for ages 10 through present...I have to admit, a lot of it I made up. I did put the things I definitely remember in there, but I filled in a lot of it with "sounds good to me" sort of things. They never requested anything additional. I didn't list doctor's names on it either. Of course PPO might be significantly different than POS. Good luck! Kelle
aishabilal
on 7/20/04 12:56 am - cartersville, GA
Cheryl, I also have Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO at the time am now PPO and they did ask for the same thing. I have gone to the same gynecologist for basically the last 15 years so i just sent a copy of my records from there and they record your weight each time you go. I had 2 babies with them so they had plenty of records from 15 years. It doesn't have to be a primary dr. just any dr. that has seen you in the last years. Mine weren't even consecutive years just a general base!!! I had my surgery last November and have gone from 276 to 158. I am ready for my plastics this fall and hope and pray I can get BCBS to cover some of it anyway!! Good luck it is WAY WORTH IT!! Penny In Cartersville
Most Active