Do you have to attend a meeting

Cricket B.
on 7/19/04 8:59 am - GA
I have not been to another meeting since the 1st WLS meeting. Do I need to before I have surgery? Will they cancel because I have not been to a meeting? This happened very fast. I was told Friday and now I'm running like crazy. Surgery is next week. This is for Dr. Duncan folks.
Sherry_Berry
on 7/19/04 9:57 am - Dacula, GA
If it helps you, Dr Appel/Steinberg's group has an open meeting this Wednesday at 7:30 at Northlake Medical Center on Montreal Road in Decatur/Tucker. Their practice phone number is 407-501-7081 if you need more info. If you need the meeting, get your booty there on Wed. Sherry
Cricket B.
on 7/19/04 10:27 am - GA
Thanks
Patsy G.
on 7/19/04 11:07 am - GA
Hi Cricket; I had Dr. Duncan and I have only been to one support group meet other than his 1st seminar. They suggested that I go to support group meetings but they never asked before surgery if I went. The support group is to help you though your new changes by talking to others who have been there. I don't think he will cancel...like I said they never asked me if I went. I will continue to go though because I think they are very helpful. Find one in your area. Good luck with your surgery. Patsy
Anna Marie D.
on 7/20/04 12:00 am - Suwanee, GA
Hi Cricket, I'm not sure about Dr Duncan's protocol about attending meetings but there is a local group I attend every Wednesday. It is an open group for anyone in any stage of the process. It is non surgeon specific. It meets in Lawrenceville at Central Gwinnett high school from 7-9 pm in room 404. We also have a messageboard on yahoo. Many of the group get together beforehand for dinner. If you would like more info or directions please let me know. Marie, 1/2 the size from my highest weight! post op, 12.02.03 lap rny, Dr Hart -112 lbs since surgery -48 lbs as pre op -109 lbs due to illness
Most Active