Am I wrong, Answer please

Cricket B.
on 7/18/04 10:55 am - GA
I have had the whole weekend to think about this. I had to be approved around the 1st of July right after the 4th and now my surgery date is July 26th. Is that right? Does it happen this soon Don't get me wrong I'm ready. I've started cleaning out my closet for stuff I wanna keep and hope I can't wear next year and things I've just been meaning to get rid of period. Can't wait to shop because I love too!!! Yes, I'm a little nervous but not about surgery but about how different life can and will be in just one year. Just the though is really wild. I will not speak to Jennifer until tomorrow because she had to leave my surgery date on my VM but It just seem's so soon. When I first started coming to this page 2 years ago it took people months before they were approved and had a date. Like I said I'm ready. At 1st I was gonna change my date because of work but then I had a talk with God and my Mother and God has sent this for me and I'm not gonna change his plan. No, I'm not telling them at work. I'm just taking some more time off even though I just came back for vacation but hey life happens and I have been a very faithful and good employee. If they do say something I'll move on. I already discussed this with Tonya L. about telling folks at work and if I lie and all this stuff but I realize I can't put out to the public, something I take so serious to mock or be put down when I'm not around. I've had surgery before and didn't tell them what? I just took sick leave. I'm sorry to be so long winded but I'm getting very emotional in a good way Saying good bye to this body that has held up as long as it could and Being re-born. Knowing that I will be beautiful at my sisters wedding and maybe even a date...The list goes on. I can't beleive it's really gonna happen. I can even fly and be comfortable for once. This is a BEAUTIFUL THING Nice to start over in your twenties.
LittleLifsey
on 7/18/04 11:48 am - Jacksonville, FL
No your not. God gives us 9 months to get used to the change of our bodies and our life when we bring a child into the world. With WLS we don't get that time. You have been researching this for months and believe in it and the things it will help you accomplish. You will be reborn. Congrats. I will keep up with you. I personally believe that the hard part will be leaving the old body along with all are old issues and moving forward. So for me that will be the challenge. Thanks for posting your thoughts and feelings. It helps all of us to read them and sort through are own. lynn
nonamedamet
on 7/18/04 12:20 pm - GA
I think I would be more concerned if I wasn't going through all the emotional ups and downs. I am happy for you that you got your date so quickly. Hugs and prayers, Theresa
Most Active