Feeling like something is stuck..

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/04 5:07 am - Warner Robins, GA
I ate some runny choc. pudding this morning and man I have felt like a chunk of gravel is stuck in between my breast bone. I tried some warm broth and some water to help flu**** and took a two hour nap but it's still feeling like this 3 hrs later. What in the world is this and of course I'm sitting here thinking I tore my pouch or something.
Patsy G.
on 7/17/04 8:27 am - GA
Hi Tonya; I hope your feeling better now. I know what you mean. I had potatoes yesterday so today I tried some grits. They didn't go down as well as the potatoes. I guess that's why we try a bite or two to see how it goes. Maybe a walk would help. Feel better soon. Patsy
vstyler111
on 7/17/04 12:45 pm - Newnan, GA
Did Dr. Duncan or the nutritionist approve pudding already??? I am two months out and I was told to remain on clear liquids for the first 7-10 days post-op. Pudding, potatoes, grits, soft scrambled eggs and the like are considered full liquid which we were allowed after 2 weeks. You may want to refer to the nutrition book you should have gotten at you consultation, if you went to the wellness center at AMC. I did experience this feeling when I started on the full liquid phase. I'm sure you didn't tear your pouch but it is a very sensitive part of you for now. You will be better able to tolerate this type of food within the next week or so....Take care and take it very slow. Good luck, Vince
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/04 1:05 pm - Warner Robins, GA
I have all my paperwork work here and have reviewed it, read it and educated myself on it. The paperwork I was given from the Nutritionist I saw was reveiwed and ok-d. It says clear liquid for 2-5 days. Pudding is considered a full liquid and can be tried now. I made it runny like they suggested. And tried it b/c I wasn't tolerating clear liquids very well this morning. I am committed to following my surgeon & nutritionist's instructions. It's not like I went out and had steak and baked potato. Tonya
vstyler111
on 7/17/04 1:19 pm - Newnan, GA
Dr. Duncan was my surgeon as well. I didn't know his post-op diet instructions had changed since my surgery but maybe they have. I hope all goes well for you and wish you success. Vince
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/04 1:27 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Actually after I posted I looked at my paperwork that I was given at my pre-op on July 1st. The Nutritionist(not Susan) passed out and reviewed an informational package with the bowel prep, two day liquid diet and the Gatric bypass progression diet and it states: Clear Liquids for the furst 2-5 days following surgery. Full Liquids- Advance when you feel ready. Incorporate them slowly into your clear liquid diet. So it looks like I am following his protocol. I wish you well also. Tonya
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/04 12:45 pm - Warner Robins, GA
PS- I feel better now. I took drank some warm wonton soup broth and it's all good now Tonya
Harriett H.
on 7/17/04 1:34 pm - Alpharetta, GA
Glad your feeling better i know how that feels i do that with my hiatus hernia a lot it really hurts until it goes down. I'm so glad you did well with your surgery. I'll be following you soon they changed my surgery date from 8/9 to 7/29 .May God Bless you. Your in my prayers. Harriett
Most Active