Drugged up-

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/04 11:34 am - Warner Robins, GA
I reread my post from last night and saw all the errors in my spelling and grammar. I guess the drugs had not worn off as much as I thoughtLOL I typed "felted" instead of "felt" I'm feeling much better today. The gas is worse today though. It must of been asleep the last few days and woke up today. Sounds like a war in there! I showered this morning and took the dressings off. I just left the steri-strips. I am surprised to see how good my stomach looks. Very small bruise near my belly button and a small bruise near the video port side. So far I've tolerate broth, frozen fruit bars(no sugar added), s/f popcicles, propel and water. I got about 40ozs of liquid in today. Does anyone know if Earl grey tea has caffine in it? Tonya
Cricket B.
on 7/16/04 12:14 pm - GA
Hi! girl glad your home. I got my date today and I didn't talk to Jennifer, she left it on a my VM so she said she wanted to hear from me on 1st thing Monday. At 1st I was going to change my date because I just got back from vacation but I said what the hell. I'll just take family medical leave. I don't want to mess anything up. So how was it and how long will you be off work. Just wondering because I'm only gonna take 3 weeks
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/04 3:41 pm - Warner Robins, GA
I plan to take 2 weeks off. Actually the last three days will be spent working from home. If I need more time then I will just continue to work from home. I felt pretty good all day today except for the gas. I did take a nap and now I can't sleep. I haven't slept through the night since last week some time before my surgery. I can't wait to sleep again. I recovered real well so far. I was up walking an hour after I was put in my room and was co-herent as they wheeled me up to my room. I felt wonderful the whole time I was in the hospital, but yesterday after I got home I felt kinda bad for a little while. I guess the hard meds had worn off. But today I'm back to feeling pretty good! Tonya
afbrown
on 7/16/04 12:48 pm - Duluth, GA
Tonya, Glad you are doing well. I tried to drink one protein shake yesterday and never got it all down, so I'm sticking to broth right now. I've also had some SF jello. Earl Grey tea does have caffeine, but you can get it in a caffeine free form - I know that Bigelow makes it (it's one of my favorites, too). Another great one is Lady Grey tea - it's very similar to Earl Grey but with citrus in it too. Ann in GA
Dee C.
on 7/16/04 1:30 pm - Greenville, SC
Tonya - good to hear you are starting to get up and around. Since my surgery is tuesday - i bought broth,l sugar free jello, sugar free kool aid - i will add sugar free frozen popcicles to the list too. please post when you are able to take protein.... regards, dee
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/04 3:45 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Dee, The popsicles are a must! I have been eating them off & on all day and they count towards your fluid intake. I also bought the no sugar added Edy's whole fruit frozen bars. THey are awesome!! I won't try the protein shakes again(i didn't like it) til 5 days post op and only 5 grams at a time..per the nutritionist. Take care, Tonya
nonamedamet
on 7/17/04 3:40 am - GA
Glad you are up and about today. Still keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Miss you. Hugs and prayers, Theresa
Most Active