Stricture Anyone?

lstivers
on 7/16/04 2:57 am - Bogart, GA
My doctor says it is possible that I may be developing a stricture. He wants to do an endoscopy and take a look and open it up if I have one. I have not been able to keep chicken, turkey, or shrimp down for about a week. Personally, I don't care if I never eat solid food again, and am not happy about having this done. My concern is that if he opens up the opening between my stomach and small intestine that I will be able to eat more. Has anyone experienced a problem like this or weight gain afterwards? Please share your experiences as I am worried about undoing the 33 pounds that I have "lost for good". Paige
catherine30040
on 7/16/04 3:20 am - Atlanta, GA
I'm still pre-op, so take my words with a grain of salt. I don't see how opening the path between your pouch and small intestine would allow you to eat more. The size of your pouch remains unchanged.
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/04 4:34 am - Warner Robins, GA
Paige, Don't worry about your opening becoming too large. When the Dr goes in to do the dialation he will make it a little bigger b/c it will narrow a little bit after the dialation. Your hard work won't come undone. Is your Surgeon doing the dialation or a Gastro Dr? Tonya
Most Active