:Weight loss history question

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/04 1:34 pm
I received a phone call from my insurance co. today and was told they needed more info for my weight history. They will be sending me a letter telling me what they want. Here is the problem. I have been on a supervised diet for 7 mo now (I started it Dec. 29) and have lost 25 lbs. I have done what the doctor told me to do. I made sure that the Dr. Office got a recorded weight for me every month. I usually did this while having an appointment for something else such as medication refills for a covered expense because I can't afford $81 to go talk to him about nothing. He told me it wasn't necessary for me to come in and talk to him every month about my diet because he had told me all that he needed to. Now, the insurance company has a copy of my records complete with comments the doctor wrote down regarding my weight loss. So it is all documented. I was told back in December that all the insurance needed was a diet history, weight history and proof of 6 months of a supervised diet. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could possibly get them to see that I have met their requirement? Has anyone been denied because of a situation like this and been able to overturn the decision? I need suggestions. Sorry for writing a book here. Thanks for any help ~~Jaimee
Patsy B.
on 7/15/04 1:09 am - GA
Hi Jaimee; I typed up a list of times I lost weight starting when I was 15 years old by cutting back to 1000 calories a day. I listed the diet the year and how much I had lost. I also included diets like the cabbage diet, Susan Powter ect. I've tried them all. My PCP put it on a letterhead and that is what was submitted to the insurance company. I hope this helps. Good luck. Patsy
Dixie P.
on 7/15/04 1:55 am - Atlanta, GA
Wait until you get the paperwork from them telling you what else you need. It may be a very simple thing for you to do and you will have gotten yourself all worked up for nothing.
Most Active