united health care of georgia

AIMEEA
on 7/11/04 9:34 am - waycross, GA
anyone with united health care of ga been able to get approved ..... they told me that there is an exclusion to the state of ga policies on this surg... i am going to start with the congresmen and ga. big wigs ... THIS IS DISCRIMINATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO WAY AROUND IT thanks aimee
sambus24
on 7/11/04 12:54 pm - Thomson, ga
l had it until the first of july l changed becouse they will not pay. l drive a school bus for mcduffie county. good luck to you. l have been wating sence dec. that is when uhc said no. so l am starting over now . sarah
MIke R.
on 7/11/04 12:55 pm - Ball Ground, GA
I think it is based off of your employer's policy type. I have BCBS but two other girls who had surgery around my time (May 25) had United and had no problems. Keep looking into it. Give the customer service guys a call just to see if the CPT code is covered. All you need to hear at first is that you will need "Medically Necessary" and start from there. Best of Luck!! Mike
cindydrake
on 7/12/04 1:19 am - Cartersville, GA
I have united health care and it depends on the policy that your employer provides. I was approved in a weeks time. Good Luck!!! Cindy
brwneyedgrl
on 7/12/04 8:53 am - Austell, GA
Hi Aimee: I am so sorry that you are having problems w/ getting approved . I am just posting to echo what a couple of other members posted earlier...it is based on the individual employers policy. I have UHC PPO & was approved recently. Check your policy and see if WLS is excluded or maybe contact human resources for your Co. Good luck & I hope everything works out for you. I know that it can be frustrating , but don't give up. -Nikki
divadedi
on 7/14/04 10:49 am - Mableton, GA
Well i have united health care epo, not sure if its strickly georgia, but at the same time, I was approved first try for the DS surgery. however, my job has it excluded, what i had to do was go through united health care Care Coordinator and thats how it was approved...Good Luck..
Most Active