Approved But No Surgery Date!!!

Dee C.
on 7/9/04 1:50 pm - Greenville, SC
This is the second time I was approved through my insurance-May3rd was scheduled for open rny and requested Lap rny so it was resubmitted. Got a call from Emory 2 1/2 weeks ago that they got approval (which I knew few weeks before) and they would get me scheduled for surgery. Called today - still not scheduled. I did all my pre-op testing in April - I am very frustrated as I attended Emory's seminar October 2003. Any suggestions??? Dee
(deactivated member)
on 7/10/04 6:45 am - Warner Robins, GA
Hey Dee, WHat does Emory say the hold up is? I don't have any suggestions but just wanted to say COngrats on your approval!! HUgs, Tonya
Marrilee M.
on 7/10/04 8:35 am - 30 miles north of Atlanta, GA
Hi Dee, I can relate with your frustration, I've been working on mine since 10/03 also (long story, had to switch surgeons). I just wanted to say to hang tough, if you can. Emory has an excellent surgical reputation but the office work sure could be better. I hear that a lot, that they are either over worked, under staffed or just don't know or understand what they are doing. You're going to get there, I just know it. Call them again Monday. Blessings and Peace, Marrilee
Dee C.
on 7/10/04 12:23 pm - Greenville, SC
Thanks Tonya, Marrilee and to everyone who emailed me with a response. I was feeling down and now I am ready to follow through on Monday to get a surgery date. I don't know why the delay with date but I do know Emory's surgical reputation is topnotch. I go from South Carolina to Emory for my appointments and feel it is very worthwhile. I know it will happen soon. Will keep everyone informed of progress. I am so glad to be a part of this messageboard. Again thanks, Dee
Most Active