??? IN NEED OF A FRIEND NOW

wanda boyd
on 7/8/04 12:53 pm - CARROLLTON, GA
SORRY YALL RIGHT I AM FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF RIGHT NOW I AM TOO SCARED TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THIS ...... THE MORE I READ THE MORE I DONT WANT THE SURGERY MAYBE I AM CHICKEN AFTER ALL
DeeDee_Cole
on 7/8/04 1:12 pm
The surgery is a personal decision that all of us (pre and post) are weighing very carefully. I knew going in that there were risks and possiblities....but I also knew that there were different kinds of risks for not doing the surgery. Look into your heart and life - and decide what is best for you..... Good luck!
modeanryan
on 7/8/04 7:22 pm - Duluth, GA
Wanda, I understand. Diana is right. This is a very important decision and if you don't want it, you should not feel forced to have it. On the other hand, research and compliance with Dr. orders are your best protection. What ever you decide, we will support you... this site is for "morbid obesity AND weight loss surgery". This is just the place for you to voice your concerns and have your questions answered. Best of luck to you in all you do! -Tami
nonamedamet
on 7/8/04 11:56 pm - GA
Wanda, I agree with the others. The decision is yours to make. You are the one to do the research and decide if it is right for you. I have been thinking about this for years, however, didn't get serious about researching and soul searching until a year ago. It took me that long to make up my mind and decide that this is right for me. God blessed us with the freedom of will which allows each of us to be individual. The blessing of this web site is so many of us can relate to each other allowing us to support one another by at least understanding where the others are or have been. Yet none of us are the same, we react differently in our own lives with some common threads. Depression is one of the threads I have in common with you, thank you Lord for Paxil. That is just what helps me. It sounds like it is time for you to help yourself either by medication or therapy or calling your Doctor and discussing your options dealing with the depression may help you make a more informed decision on what your next step is. Surgery is not the answer for everyone. I hope you feel the support of the wonderful people here and May you be blessed no matter what you decide to do. Hugs and Prayers, Theresa
Lu C.
on 7/10/04 4:39 am - Stockbridge, GA
HEY GIRL, IT IS SO SCAREY TO TO READ ABOUT THIS SURGERY AND TO THINK ABOUT THIS SURGERY BECAUSE ONCE YOU START THIS JOURNEY THIS IS YOUR LIFE THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT..EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T WANT TO. PEOPLE WILL GIVE YOU ALL KINDS OF ADVICE AND OPINIONS BUT IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO YOU AND WHAT YOU THINK YOU ARE CAPABILE OF DOING. AND IF SURGERY IS NOT FOR YOU , YOU MUST NOT FEEL ANYTHING EXCEPT THIS IS THE RIGHT DECISION FOR YOU. HANG IN THERE HONEY SOME DAYS GET VERY LONG AND CONFUSSING. YOUR NEW FOUND FRIEND ALWAYS LU
cindydrake
on 7/10/04 11:59 am - Cartersville, GA
Wanda, I agree with everyone else. The decision is yours to make and you shouldn't feel pressured to have it done. I have been researching for 5 years plus my mom had it done 15 years ago and my sister had it done 3 years ago. I finally made my mind up because of all my health problems. I want to be around a little longer than I would if I didn't have the surgery. I'm ready to feel better and be able to get around better. Emotionally, I'm scared but I see a psychiatrist once a month and we talk and I also take Wellbutrin and Klonopin to help with depression and anxiety. This surgery is not for everyone or it just maybe that it's just not time for it. If it is for you, you will know and feel it in your heart. This message board is get because you get tons of support from everyone. My thoughts and prayers are with you in what ever decision you make. Good Luck!!! Cindy
Angelia T.
on 7/11/04 12:51 am - Chatworth, GA
Hey Wanda! I'm in beginning of this too and I don't know where to start but I know that I got to do something. I'm 24 and weigh 328 and my love life sucks and my doctor's have told me that if I don't do something by the time I'm 28 I will be double this size. Everybody has been telling me that I don't need to do this but I'm looking at like this"I'm going to die if I don't get some help. I choose life today
Most Active