Post Op insurance questinos

Cynthia W.
on 7/3/04 2:50 am - Eagle River, AK
I am a data person.. So, I am trying to obtain whatever I can.. ONE AREA OF NEED is the past payments... If you are POST OP and you still have your information.. YOUR INFORMATION IS MOST CRITICAL.. I have been told that the insurance companies have REDUCED the amounts since all the publicity.. You have the right to know what they have paid.. Also, there are little procedure codes on your bill or explaination of benefits form that tells the proceedures done.. If you have those, you can call them and find out if you have your form.. Please let me know the type of procedure you had, ie band, open RY, laperscopic and what else, liver biopsy, gallbladder G-tubes, etc. Please let me know. It's ok to email me..
Dixie P.
on 7/3/04 8:10 am - Atlanta, GA
I received my post-op insurance breakdown a few days ago and noticed that while the hospital charged over $30,000 for the surgeries (I also had my gall bladder out) BCBS only paid $21,000.
KerriGLPN
on 7/3/04 12:24 pm - 'Tifton, GA
Cynthia, hello! I still have my info! I met my deductible so my surgery total was about $23,000 if that much. Thats including the pre op stuff etc! But I am only having to pay less than a thousand! Thank goodness! Hope that helps! O yea and I had open RNY! I had already had my gallbladder and appendix removed prior to surgery! Well take care! Kerri
Most Active