My Pre-op!

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/04 7:29 am - Warner Robins, GA
Yep, just like Kiwani said...when they say ALL day, they mean it!! IT lasted from 8:00-4:30!!! Dr. Duncan and Dr. Johnson did our pre-op. I was so glad that Dr. Duncan was there. Just made me feel better. I finally got clarification on one thing......I asked him if he does the Roux limb attachment on every patient and he says that he infact does. He says the other surgeons get us ready, insert the trocars(lap tools) and then he goes in does the re-routing and then he does the leak test with the assistance of the other surgeon then the other surgeon wraps up the surgery and Dr Duncan moves on the next patient. Made me feel better to hear it from his mouth. It was informational but long. I survived it and found out that I lost 3lbs which was good enough to pass me.LOL SO now it's 12 days until show time!! TOnya
cbouland
on 7/2/04 7:57 am - Conyers, GA
Wonderful! I am so glad everyone posts their preop.... Now I know what to expect... Thanks and hopefully see you tonight Connie
Jimmys S.
on 7/2/04 12:24 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Tonya, Fantastic news! Getting close now girl! I am so excited for you! I did get my psych eval and nutrionist appt done. Got the letter from the Nutritionist and waiting on my letter from the psych. Then I fax it up there and play the waiting game! Man am I nervous! lol The Psych doctor asked me why I didnt choose a doctor down here and I said I felt better about Dr D's stats! He then told me that he himself was 'dead set against' this surgery but if he chose to do it then it would be with Dr D and his crew! That made me feel good. Anyway, wanted to say I am thinking of you and holding you high on my prayer list! Sunshine Kim
kiwani
on 7/2/04 1:27 pm - columbus, ga
Tonya, i am glad you got to see dr. duncan.... we had dr. Johnson doing ours.... and susan spoke first... she did say that dr. duncan had his hand in all surgery.... i hope he isnt on vacation next week they said even on vacation he is on the cell all the time... did they tell you he can keep up with all of the surgerys thru a tv in his o.r.? I am going to stay at the manley house... will leave here sometime monday after noon... I hope the woman that drew your blood did better than the woman that did mine.... my whole mid arm is a bruise... i hurt for 2 days lol ... glad you are done with it now... how are you doing with the prevpac??? i will be done sunday... thank god....
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/04 12:02 am - Warner Robins, GA
Susan wasn't there but the other Nutritionist was. SHe was really good. The sports medicine gal was there too talking about how important excercise and strength training was. They didn't mention the monitors in each or room but Dr Duncan has mentioned it before. Dr Duncan did mention that they video each surgery and choose one to review each week to QC it. I thought that spoke volumes about their group. The prev-pak is going....I think that's how I lost 3 lbsLOL Lots of bathroom time. YIKES! OH- I walked in on Dr D going pee-pee.LOL Not a pretty sight.LOL Tonya
Most Active