Question for Post Ops......

mikkozoe
on 7/1/04 4:31 am - Conyers, GA
Ok i know they say your tastes change and all that jazz ....But all of a sudden when i eat like sour cream or cream cheess or creamy dressing i am sick ....Not like in the bathroom sick but i feel like i could be there with out a problem ...Do you know what i mean ...HAs anyone had this happen or anything around this .....I still like the taste of these things but i can eat yougert and milk still so it cannt be all dariy like i was thinking at first ...Oh ya i am three months post op Laura
Kay Holder
on 7/1/04 5:00 am - Mableton, GA
its most likely the fat content.
Pat Bell
on 7/1/04 5:58 am - Southeast, GA
I don't eat the foods you talked about, but the few times I have tried to eat something fried I get that sick feeling after 2-3 small bites. Charcoal grilled food sometimes does it too. I just quit eating and the feeling disappears in a few minutes. I think if I kept eating I would be in the bathroom. Dairy products don't seem to bother me. I try to think of not being able to eat fried food as a blessing, since I don't need to be eating it anyway. THE POUCH RULES!
Dixie P.
on 7/1/04 11:01 am - Atlanta, GA
I am at 5 weeks out and I have found that, even though previous to wls I was a chocoholic, now it makes me nauseous! Same with some creamy protein shakes, soft-boiled egg, cottage cheese. They don't make me puke, but they make me very nauseous so that I feel yucky. I was sick on milk at first, but now I can tolerate it. It's strange. I guess our tastes and our tolerances will change over time. It seems to be that way for me.
DeeDee_Cole
on 7/1/04 1:11 pm
I never know with my pouch what it's going to react to. One moment I'm okay - the next time I eat it I feel like I'm going to die. I didn't "dump" for the first 3 weeks - but now that I'm on solids things aren't "welcomed" so easily. I feel ya pain....but I don't regret anything I've done!
Most Active